Misting and humidity

thewise21

I have a veiled chameleon and going to eventually get a panther. I know humidity and temps are slightly different. I hand spray my veil and humidity usually no lower than 40. Was wondering if a misting system would be significant enough or does the floggers do a better job raising humidity?

That can depend on a number of variables, including but not limited to:
  • Where you live (ambient temps & RH) & home climate control
  • Type of enclosure (screen, solid, hybrid)
  • Foliage (more foliage usually means higher humidities)

I'm achieving acceptable humidity levels (day & night) in a hybrid enclosure with just judicious use of a MistKing (and a forest of plants). Other folks in other areas with different enclosure types & climate may or may not need a fogger as well.

I think it's worth a try to balance your system with just misting, but if that doesn't do it, a fogger may be necessary as well.

Foggers are good (best) at night, but you'll still need a mister or dripper for daytime to provide drinking water and hydration. IOW, you may be able to get away with a mister but no fogger, but I wouldn't try to do it with a fogger and no mister.

That can depend on a number of variables, including but not limited to:
  • Where you live (ambient temps & RH) & home climate control
  • Type of enclosure (screen, solid, hybrid)
  • Foliage (more foliage usually means higher humidities)

I'm achieving acceptable humidity levels (day & night) in a hybrid enclosure with just judicious use of a MistKing (and a forest of plants). Other folks in other areas with different enclosure types & climate may or may not need a fogger as well.

I think it's worth a try to balance your system with just misting, but if that doesn't do it, a fogger may be necessary as well.

Foggers are good (best) at night, but you'll still need a mister or dripper for daytime to provide drinking water and hydration. IOW, you may be able to get away with a mister but no fogger, but I wouldn't try to do it with a fogger and no mister.
I live in southern Louisiana New Orleans was thinking that as well. Going to invest in a mist king instead of a fogger. I use a drip now as well as misting twice a day. Think mist king will be better investment

Back
Top Bottom