Misting a mesh cage

mightymart

I currently have an Exo Terra & misting isnt a problem because its glass But if the over spray goes near the top (hand mister) then the mist comes out the top & goes on to the wall (admitaly is not alot but doing this in an all mesh cage concerns me), I have just ordered a reptibreeze which is mesh on all sides & top so what measures do people use to mist without soaking the rest of the room !
I will be sorting out a auto mist system of some sort (probably the pump mister on a timer)with a drainage system, so I need the water to be contained in the cage or under it !.

How large is the new cage and why type will you be buying. If it's a screen cage with a laminate bottom you can drill holes in the laminate and place something underneath to catch the draining water. I've seen many examples posted here on this forum.

Attachments

• Reptibreeze.jpg
    Reptibreeze.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 204
Easy. Just hang some plastic sheeting around the side/back to intercept the spray droplets. I usually get some clear shower curtains at a Home Depot or similar. There will still be enough air exchange if you don't anchor it down all the way around. The spray on the plastic will evaporate and help stabilize the cage humidity a little longer too. If you need to create a visual barrier you can use opaque plastic.

I have the same enclosure and have had the same problem.
Easy. Just put a shirt you dont need or spare towel at the back and voila!
Itll absorb the water that squirts to the back.

If you prefer a "cleaner" look go to the hardware store and purchase a sheet of melamine board. They usually have it in 4x8 sheets, prices range from 20-30 bucks a sheet. Then cut it to fit. It's a thin sheet/board that has an almost plastic feeling payer on one side. This layer is water proof. It's usually in varying styles of white with square patterns on it.

I now have the over spray sheild sorted ! I got some cordex from work, its basically temparary floor protection :).
But now im unsure of were to mount the nozzle or nozzles, I was going to mount one of the mist nozzles in the centre at the top through the mesh,so it just sprays/mists straight down. But would it be best to mount 2 nozzles spraying in different directions bearing in mind the size of the cage ?. ( Im now going to be useing lucky reptile super rain )

Back
Top Bottom