Mister Questions!

Mishkaghost

So, money is kind of tight at the moment but I want my chameleon to live a safe, comfy, happy, healthy life under my care. I posted yesterday asking about the humidifier I'm currently using, it's not that powerful but I was thinking about getting a mister simce I work. I've looked at the mistking and the aqua but they're a but pricey, does anyone know of a cheaper version that works pretty well or are all the cheap versions bad?

You can make a DIY misting set up with the mist nozzles, tubing, and timers you find a places like home depot and lowes.

Look at it as a investment. Both mistking and aquazamp sell some kick but systems. I wouldn't ever give my misting system

You can make a DIY misting set up with the mist nozzles, tubing, and timers you find a places like home depot and lowes.

thats true, but i heard stories where people tend to spend more money then mist king on diy projects :) although i like working and figuring stuff out on my own thats why i chose that road lol :D

Dont recommend it but if you want to diy theres a link to my diy mister Click Me had it running for 2 months whitout problems had couple leaks by the pump cuz i didnt seal it properly and to be honest just today fixed it :D

I bought an monsoon 400 at the end of May - I have come home to flooded floor or dry cages on too many times- they have timer issues - and they aren't that cheep - If I could make the decision on a Mist King or Aquazamp I would have replaced it back in July when it first gave me trouble- If you go with DIY don't skimp on the pump or the timer - my husband has done misting systems for green houses so I'm sure he could come up with something - but I doubt he could do it cheaper -

i just ordered the starter mistking after much debate...i was looking at DIY set up but price wise...its not a big diffeence.. mainly in the price of a good pump..you cant skimp on a cheap pump..been there on my saltwater tanks and yea cheap pumps are cheap for a reason lol...so spending 70-90 bucks on a good solid pump that will last some years then buying your hosing..nozzles..fittings etc.. your still spending close to if not more that $100

ive heard all the horror stories about the monsoons and for the price of one.. i could get a mistking, they start at $99...i looked at the aquazamp mist kit which was good but for the misting kit, it doesnt come with a timer...thats a separate addition..and its more expensive and i needed 2 extra nozzles as well...getting everything aquazamp came out to 160, mistking came out to a little over 130..added shipping and the mistking was a dollar cheaper then the aquazamp and came with a bit more stuff...priced a monsoon at 120-140 but id need it for more than one cage so getting the additional pieces to set that up...wasnt a big price difference...

if you want, write marty (theres a contact section on the site) i told him this is what i want but this is my budget so what do i need, bare essential speaking.. to get a nice set up without breaking my pockets b/c price was a factor..idont NEED a tube cutter.. its nice but i dont NEED it...nor do i NEED the part that sucks the water out of the tubes.. he replied to me the next day with a breakdown of everything

Back
Top Bottom