Mister question

Tortdad

Established Member
I plan on ordering my misting equipment tomorrow from LLL Reptiles. I've bought many of my tortoise supplies from them and they've always done me right.

My question is which equipment? The MistKing Is $130 so I'd like to see what you guys think of some of the lesser expensive ones like the exo terra monsoon.

Any suggestions? I don't use misting equipment for my tortoises. I also see where the sell different 90's and elbow and tees that don't come with the kit. How do I know what I'll need that doesn't come with it?

I've decided not to get a vailed. Instead I've decided on a beautiful male Ambilobi Panther from Craig Wyatt. I start my enclosure build in another day or two and want to make sure I have my misting equipment here to complete my build. I don't want to be missing any parts I need so I'd appreciate a little help with my order.

Thanks

IMG_2107.PNG
IMG_2108.PNG
IMG_2107.PNG
So what's the real difference here?????

I only plan on 2 misters... what makes mistking so special? I dont want to order some crappy system but don't want to drop the extra cash for mistking if all I'm doing is paying for the brand name.

Every search I do on the website says mistking is the best sonit sounds like the extra $30 is well worth it but I'd still like to know what makes it so special.

With mistking you are buying quality products that can be widely adjustable, hook up to 10 nozzles with the cheapest kit. The best part is the reservoir is not included and you can buy exactly what size/shape you need. The best thing is its not all in one unit. Each part is replaceable and they often update their products yet still allow functionality between new and old components mixed in one kit. The pros are out there for the mistking with little negative to say about it. I am super cheap and will often settle for the more wallet friendly item. I almost grabbed a monsoon cheap for one of my cages and I just picked up an enclosure with mistking installed. No instructions and I was able to check and set scheduled mist times within a few minutes. I decided to spend an additional $20 and snag a new nozzle and some tubing. Going to have a nice setup soon. Best of luck with your mister purchase. I have no experience with the monsoon or climist, the negative things I have heard regarding the monsoon were failure by possible water damage & timer issues. I can't elaborate on either and those issues but maybe someone will. Again, best of luck

Yeah as mentioned, mistking all the way... they are customizable, work perfectly, don't fail, etc. Everyone says the monsoon consistently fails. I would hand mist and save for a mistking before buying anything else.

Btw good job joining team panthers (y)

Yeah after watching videos I don't want the monsoon

For me it's down to mistking or Climist. Both have super fine mist and quite pumps.... which is important to me. Climist seems a tad more silent (from you tube videos anyways) and they are on sale right now. It's only $10 that separates hem so I'll try to research the timers to see which is better

Mistking or Climist are the only misters i'd recommend. Monsoon has really bad reviews and is known for having a lifespan of only 6 months. Climist is a bit cheaper than mistking and they both use the same pump, but have different nozzles. Climist also offers free shipping. Both Mistking and Climist can run dry so it won't ruin your pump if your water runs out. (hopefully it won't, but your safe if it does) So really your only options should be between those 2, but you'll be happy with either one. I'd just stay away from monsoon or any others that don't have a proven track record.

Climist is on sale for $10 less than the mistking starter set but climist wants $15 for shipping and I'm already ordering some stuff from LLL Reptile so I'm just going to order the Mistking from LLL. My total shipping cost drops to $4 with all the news uvb bulb and fixture I'm ordering.

ive heard others use the climist, can't comment on that. for the same price i'd personally just take the mistking. Most people use it with great reviews. At least if anything goes wrong or you have questions there are more people out there to get input from.

I've had the mistking for about 8 months now and it is amazing. Like they said, it can run dry if you run out of water on a trip, etc. It's a very quality product.

I don't want to run tap water in it, I've got very hard water that will log that bad boy up in no time.

Is distilled water fine?

I bought a (very, very lightly) used Monsoon for $40 off of Craigslist and it only lasted a month; when I went to fill it one day the filling area leaked and fried the motherboard out. I wish I had just put the $ towards a Mist King or Climist in the first place; lesson learned!

Ik you have already made up your mind just offering my opinion...so I had a monsoon rs400 for about 6 months when it flooded and fried it's self so I went with mistking and love it it's great and the st-24 timer is wonderful for my needs. However I have a few friends that went with climist and there just as happy with it as I am with mine but I still say the mistking is better just because the timer

Back
Top Bottom