Mister? dripper? or Fogger?

cmrush88

I am still in the research process, so I haven't gotten a chameleon yet, but I was wondering from all of you chameleon geniuses out there, what would be the best thing to purchase? The Habba Mist auto mister? a dripper? or a fogger? I won't be home for most of the day, so I was wondering which one of these would be the best for my chameleon?

The habba mister has horrible reviews on here usually, apparently it tends to stop working after a short time and then it has to be replaced. As an automatic mister I prefer the Mistking myself, which is twice as expensive but tends to work flawlessly.

A dripper is great, and can be used in combination with a mister. Some people have them running all day long to provide lots of access to drinking water. I choose not to use it with my chameleons because I mist for close to 40 minutes a day, and this seems to be more than enough water for them. But other people rely on this almost exclusively and then mist a little just to keep up the humidity.

A fogger is good if you have humidity problems. Like if you've got the heater on all day now that it's colder, running it every once in a while thorughout the day may do wonders for keeping up the humidity. Misting can also achieve this, but the fogger might provide more of a punch to the overall ambient humidity? I might think so, anyway. Dont have any direct experience with foggers.

Hope that helps!

I have a Mist King, but I plug it too much. But I do believe that the new value kit brings a lot of bang for the proverbial buck.

I am not sure I would agree with that Mike. Premium grade nozzles vs. value nozzles in a kit that costs just about the same seems like a better deal to me.

Well actually, the timer included in the lowest package is what I'm referring to. The Monsoon and/or Habba mist timing system is not as flexible and the Mist King starter package is priced the same as a Monsoon. As for nozzles, I'm not even sure what the difference is between a basic and a premium except for the fact that premiums are polished metal. It says premiums last virtually forever and perhaps if my basics break I will replace them with premiums. I myself purchased the Ultimate Value package. If the starter package was available (which it was 2 weeks after I got the ultimate) I would have got that one and just bought extra nozzles. But I'm happy with what I got now and have no regrets.

Well actually, the timer included in the lowest package is what I'm referring to. The Monsoon and/or Habba mist timing system is not as flexible and the Mist King starter package is priced the same as a Monsoon. As for nozzles, I'm not even sure what the difference is between a basic and a premium except for the fact that premiums are polished metal. It says premiums last virtually forever and perhaps if my basics break I will replace them with premiums. I myself purchased the Ultimate Value package. If the starter package was available (which it was 2 weeks after I got the ultimate) I would have got that one and just bought extra nozzles. But I'm happy with what I got now and have no regrets.

Are either nozzle NSF certified? (AKA food grade?)

Just curious, but do you have a mistking system?

Yep, I've had the mistking since early summer I think. Most of my guys are fans of just opening their mouths and drinking the mist, which is fine, and then for the ones that don't I just wrap the nozzle in a vine or something so it rains down in droplets instead. So my guys seem to all be pretty happy with it.

One factor to think of is what type of Cham. You expect to get, some have different watering needs. I have had a Habba mist which was put in the garbage after a vey short period of time, and lots of messing with it to keep it sort of working. I have had a Mistking for over a year, love it. Also, with the Mistking you get great support from Marty. I am super mechanically challenged, he has quickly responded to my questions and has great knowledge regarding his product.

i have the monsoon rs 400(sold in my area for$189) and it works wonderfully for me and my chams..it comes with the two nozzles and i have one nozzle in each of my cham homes and the way i have them situated the nozzles mist upwards and so i get alot of water droplets falling from the top of the home,i also find that i get a fine mist inside their home too wich is awesome for humidity,i have it come on once every hr and mist for 2 mins each time,it seems like alot but it is really dry here and my chams are just getting used to it so i run it alot...its great on water consumption(holds alot of water) and is reliable..they could use more time settings(like 5 min intervals) as this one has settings from 1 hr up to 24 hrs and it can mist from as little as 2 seconds up to 120 second durations but as i mentioned it works well for my chams.you can purchase more nozzles(sold seperately) and run a max of 8 nozzles(misting pressure will diminish the more nozzles you have) this system runs fairly quiet and isnt a bother to the chams or to me and my familly,we dont even hear it now..you can also purchase a remote control so you can make it rain whenever you like (also sold seperately for around $15) so in my opinion this is a good system..no problems to report on this system for me..i would love to upload some pictures or videos of my setups and chams if i can ever figure out how to do it or where to find the option on here(if anyone can help me i would appreciate it alot,im not to computer literate lol)i forgot to mention,i have my monsoon on a timer that is set to come on at the same time as my lights and basking lamp(12 hrs light 12 hrs darkness no lamps or lights or monsoon) so when the timmer shuts off on everything so does my monsoon and it comes on and runs the regular selected cycle it was set on..

Yep, I've had the mistking since early summer I think. Most of my guys are fans of just opening their mouths and drinking the mist, which is fine, and then for the ones that don't I just wrap the nozzle in a vine or something so it rains down in droplets instead. So my guys seem to all be pretty happy with it.

OK wasn't sure. It's interesting to have people compare systems that have only ever owned one kind. I have had in my possession four different systems and obviously have chosen AquaZamp over the others to be a superior system when it comes to value and quality.

OK wasn't sure. It's interesting to have people compare systems that have only ever owned one kind. I have had in my possession four different systems and obviously have chosen AquaZamp over the others to be a superior system when it comes to value and quality.

I read a lot of reviews over the summer and ended up settling on the mistking. I'm sure there are others that work just as well, though. I haven't had any problems with it, so I haven't had a need to try any other brands/models.

I have a mistking that runs on all of my tanks three times a day. As well as drip cups on all of my tanks which I fill once a day. They generally drip for about an hour. My chameleons seem to drink most of there water from the drip cups, as my mister can only run for a minute at a time ( older motor :mad: ).

I have a mistking that runs on all of my tanks three times a day. As well as drip cups on all of my tanks which I fill once a day. They generally drip for about an hour. My chameleons seem to drink most of there water from the drip cups, as my mister can only run for a minute at a time ( older motor :mad: ).

Your Mistking can only run for one minute?

For great service and mister AquaZamp, for a great mister(although my mistking is really starting to drip)mistking,I like the timer, I have had a little difficulty with communication with mistking.
I also drip, and handspray
But im neurotic!

Back
Top Bottom