Mister and fogger?

saradoggy10

Established Member
Would you suggest having a mistking and a terrarium fogger? I'm unsure if that would be overkill. Currently the humidity rests around 40% in my house and 50% right after a hand misting. I'm sure the mistking would bump up the humidity after misting a decent amount but the natural humidity is still pretty decent.
I'm still debating on a little dripper. If I get a fogger and a mistking I'm not sure it would be totally necessary but I might get a little dripper anyway to be safe.

This is a great resource to read through: https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-cage-set-up-naturalistic-hydration/

In summary, it's recommended to have 30–50% humidity during the day and 70–100% at night. A combo of mister, fogger, and dripper can work very well.

How some are approaching their hydration is mist before bed, fog throughout the night, mist in the morning, then dropper during the day for the Cham to drink. But it's being discovered that most of a chameleon's hydration comes from gut loading and nighttime humidity level increasing and breathing in the fog.

Hope this helps!

Well it's good that I have the daytime misting down. I think I will purchase a fogger.
Don’t search for “reptile fogger” or things of the sort. Just go on amazon or go to Walmart and get a regular humidifier. Look for one that seems like you can outfit it with some pvc pipe to billow the fog into your enclosure

Don’t search for “reptile fogger” or things of the sort. Just go on amazon or go to Walmart and get a regular humidifier. Look for one that seems like you can outfit it with some pvc pipe to billow the fog into your enclosure
Do you have any you recommend? I was also searching for foggers as well.

Honestly I could just get one from facebook marketplace for $10. I'm thinking some cheap flexible tubing epoxy'd on would work to get it in the enclosure

Do you have any you recommend? I was also searching for foggers as well.
The screenshot of a fogger is one you def should NOT get. Will purge all the water out of the bottom of the unit and flood your floors. Personal experience and endless reviews. The one I am attaching in a picture I just took, I can’t remember the name but it has works for about five months now, beautifully.

Attachments

• 1794666E-4ED0-46F5-8CF2-753F7D5FF7F2.png
    1794666E-4ED0-46F5-8CF2-753F7D5FF7F2.png
    214.7 KB · Views: 130
  • EAB6460F-E870-47A4-9A34-BEBBE0B75988.jpeg
    EAB6460F-E870-47A4-9A34-BEBBE0B75988.jpeg
    146.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 3C9249FD-683E-4401-9216-326F686EEFF6.jpeg
    3C9249FD-683E-4401-9216-326F686EEFF6.jpeg
    205.5 KB · Views: 84
The screenshot of a fogger is one you def should NOT get. Will purge all the water out of the bottom of the unit and flood your floors. Personal experience and endless reviews. The one I am attaching in a picture I just took, I can’t remember the name but it has works for about five months now, beautifully.
Awesome! Nice set up to, I'll hafta look into one like that, seems nice the way you got it with the pvc pipes to. Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom