Mistaking started misting system

Hello so after a very tragic two months of dealing with a horrible company and loosing two baby panthers I received my beautiful healthy 4 month old panther from an amazing breeder yesterday but to top the cake my amazing boyfriend snuck in a few surprises to my order because he knew I was heartbroken. I also have now a baby girl panther so I need to know how you add the mist king to the second cage. My box says expandable up to ten nozzles can some one explain to me how to add another cord and nozzle to my mistking to run on to two cages? Also I have a baby crested gecko in my surprise yesterday the breeder told me they need one good misting at night so if I add two more lines to my mistking can I make the schedules different? Sorry so many ?’s but out off all my cage building and taking care of many different animals this mistking was the hardest part for me to figure out when I first set it up a few months back so I’m very nervous about the additional things I need to do to It now with adding two more pets to it. Any tips links or info would be so helpful. (Btw) I just discovered this page a week or so ago and I’m so grateful to find such an amazing network of people and Cham lovers to be there to help. Wish I knew this was here to prevent the trauma I had to go through. But hey better late then never. So thank u You guys are awesome

So you can not make the schedules different... One timer to control all nozzles. Unless you get a ball valve splitter that you would manually have to turn so that the second enclosure does not get misted.

You will find some great videos on youtube for setting up your mistking. Females are a bit different with their needs for a lower basking temp and special feeding as they mature to control clutch sizes and of course her cage will require a permanent lay bin.

To learn complete husbandry this program is great and then you can ask questions here. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

I also have now a baby girl panther so I need to know how you add the mist king to the second cage. My box says expandable up to ten nozzles can some one explain to me how to add another cord and nozzle to my mistking to run on to two cages?
If the enclosures are adjacent, it's much simpler. The top of your single nozzle—or the top of the nozzle furthest from the pump if you have a 2-nozzle system—is likely an elbow.
1615495760645.png
You need to replace that elbow with a T.
1615495796157.png

Then just continue the tubing to the next nozzle on the second enclosure.

If the enclosures are separated, you can use the same idea, but it will require more tubing.
If the second enclosure is located so the pump is between them, it might be easier to install a T in the tubing shortly (but at least 12") after it leaves the pump, and run separate lines to each enclosure.

Also I have a baby crested gecko in my surprise yesterday the breeder told me they need one good misting at night so if I add two more lines to my mistking can I make the schedules different?
Not as easily as adding nozzles. I think you'd need a second system. You might email MistKing and ask; they were good about answering my questions within 48 hrs or so.

Or mist the gecko by hand.

It would be difficult to have a completely different schedule, but you could likely set up a way to mist the gecko enclosure once a day so long as that time coincides with one event on the MistKing schedule. You'd need about $40 and little (low voltage) electrical work.

I don't know that much about gecko care - but is it possible to use a fogger instead? You can use a fogger and a programmable WiFi outlet to run the fogger at night to raise the humidity.

Back
Top Bottom