Mist meets Lighting

PistachioG

I have a MistKing system and have lighting set on top of the enclosure and have been removing the lights at night because water gets on them. I have the mister pointed as far down as it will go and it still hits part of the roof. Any solutions for positioning the mister and or lighting that is effective, efficient and safe? I e looked around at many posts and feel me setup is similar but I must be missing something.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 67
Hi and welcome. Can't really make things out from the picture . Do you have any more pictures. What kind of lighting do you have?

I got this idea from @Beman. You can extend the nozzle from the first elbow in the cage to the second pointing straight down from the ceiling. The wire inside a twist tie works great for attaching the hose and nozzle to your screen

Attachments

• 27B17B85-BDB0-4442-8B59-275BAFF23AA4.jpeg
    27B17B85-BDB0-4442-8B59-275BAFF23AA4.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 64
I got this idea from @Beman. You can extend the nozzle from the first elbow in the cage to the second pointing straight down from the ceiling. The wire inside a twist tie works great for attaching the hose and nozzle to your screen
That could work. Thank you!

Hi and welcome. Can't really make things out from the picture . Do you have any more pictures. What kind of lighting do you have?
The mister is on the upper left. I have a T5 in a ZooMed fixture and a 5.5 inch dome light for heat. I’m preparing a larger enclosure, just waiting for all the parts and want to get my current one fixed up before using the new one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 59
I was able to lower the nozzle down and changed the direction it was pointing and that seems to have taken care of it while still misting the full enclosure. Thanks again for the ideas.

Back
Top Bottom