Mist king questions unanswered by searching

Multivitamins

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello forum and good morning ! I am cleaning my reservoir today a regular task for my husbandry and was curious how often everyone cleans their lines or nozzels in the mist king or similar system (clymist / monsoon so on)

Although the tubes are small and very little water is in there it does stay in there. the risk of bacteria and funky stuff does exist.

How often does everyone clean their nozzels and hoses ? I feel like it should be added to my enclosure maintenance routine but I often over think things and wanted to get input from more experienced chameleon keepers.

I'm really trying to step up my husbandry and will be re building my enclosure in the next few weeks adding plants and more horizonal branches. I'll clean them during this process but after that should it be a regular part of my cleaning?

Both my mister tubes and fogger pipework get cleaned every couple of months.

I remove the tubing, attach to a pump and push beer line cleaner around for an hour or so. Another hour flushing fresh water then put it back.

Mister has never been bad but noticed gunk in the fogger pipes.

Dripper (which is pump fed) is done weekly.

Probably overkill but it definitely doesn't hurt.

Another mister curiosity, yesterday my system seemed to be working, misting on schedule with a fine mist but this morning I noticed it was just dripping from the nozzles. I'm going to remove them and try to clean them out is this something that occurs regularly.

I recently re did the entire system while troubleshooting my zip drip which was missing a part so I was unable to use it properly and ended up going back to my basic set up. I had never had this issue before trying to introduce the zip drip.

Is it possible you got air in the line or pump that you did not get completely out? If you disconnect your tube from the last nozzel then press the up button to run the pump if it starts flowing with water stop and push the tube back in. IF not then you got air and you have to run it until it starts flowing.

Is it possible you got air in the line or pump that you did not get completely out? If you disconnect your tube from the last nozzel then press the up button to run the pump if it starts flowing with water stop and push the tube back in. IF not then you got air and you have to run it until it starts flowing.
Yep I would give this a try cause there shouldn’t be any drips coming from your nozzles now that you have the Zip drip on there.

Back
Top Bottom