Mist king or aquazamp over spray?

crocky

Those that use the mist king or aquazamp, do you have many issues with over spray? Just curios as right now I have a 18x18x36 screen enclosure and it is in an area that I would not want overspray on my hardwood floors.

I actually really like the rainozzle on the mistking and would almost prefer that to the spray inside the cage.

As long as you have a drainage system it is unlikely that your wood floors would get wet from extra water. For misting inside the cage I made holes where the nozzle fit in with two compression fittings to keep it securely in the cage and makes a nice seal. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Nate

I do have a bin under the cage and the PVC floor is drilled underneath the plant. My biggest concern was overspray of the actual cage like through the screen. My bin underneath my cage only covers where the holes are drilled. Compression fittings....I am trying to picture how you have that set up

I have the aquazamp and I love it. It is great and quiet. I recently brought my chameleons inside my room because its getting cold out. I was scared to use my misting system because I have carpet in my room and when carpet gets wet it smells like rotten eggs. I tried it and no water got out of the cage. If you use te rain dome the fine mist stays within a spot of ur cage. And the rain dome leaves dropplets of water on top of the cage. I am using this with a 16x16x30 so you will be totally fine with your cage. I highly recommend you the aquazamp with a small rain dome:D

I don't really have a picture right now but if you make appropriate sized holes on opposite corners at the top of the cage then you can have the majority of the cage sprayed and you can angle the nozzles in such a way that little water will spray out side. It may take a little tinkering with but is fairly easily managed with the maneuverability of the mist king nozzles.

AquaZamp LowProfile RainDome

If you are concerned about the overspray, you might want to consider the RainDome. The RainDome encloses the nozzles ensuring that the water can only go down into the cage. This prevents your lighting from getting wet or misting being blown around the room before it reaches the top of the cage. It also looks a lot cleaner if you have issue with appearance. I really wish I had taken some photos of the RainDome on top of an enclosure at the last reptile show I did. I will have to get some photos of the RainDome 'in action' soon!

As for over spray. If there is any air movement there is a change of some water escaping through the side of the screen cage, this will happen no matter what kind of misting system you have. The best and cheap solution I have come up with is using a $3 shower curtain from Target. You can cut it to size and hang it around the sides and back of the cage. I do this with my cages, but the curtain is a couple inches away from the enclosure as the shower curtain hangs from the racking, not the cage itself. I have also found that Coroplast works very well too. You can cut it to fit the size of the cage and use the cage screws to secure it.

file-1.jpg

file-2.jpg

Yeah, leaning more towards the rain dome. i dint mind a little overspray but just dint want it soaking the floor. easily oreventable by putting a tray underneath the stand, must have not gotten around to it.. Anyone have the demisnions of the low profile one that is shown above. The website does not list it or atleast I could not find it

Yeah, leaning more towards the rain dome. i dint mind a little overspray but just dint want it soaking the floor. easily oreventable by putting a tray underneath the stand, must have not gotten around to it.. Anyone have the demisnions of the low profile one that is shown above. The website does not list it or atleast I could not find it

The LowProfile RainDome is 12.5"x4.5".

I use a Mistking, and my chams enclosures are in my room. I have dark grey walls and to prevent any extra mist getting on the walls, I taped cut-to-size black trash bags to the outside of the cages that is against the wall. (As well as between them so my chams don't have to see each other all day and freak out.)

I've found that you don't really have to worry about your floors AS LONG AS you have lots of plants/vines/sticks inside n e a r the nozzels. I have plenty of things in each cage so the mist doesn't travel all the way out of the cage. It all beads up nicely on the vines and such, and none comes out onto the floors.

I personally love having a mistking because its very, very easy. I fill up a bucket about twice a week, and drain a bucket about once or so a month. Besides that, the mister itself is on a timer, so I never even have to turn it on or off for my guys.

I also have a drip system, but the mistking is so perfect for me, that I never use it.

Everyone has their preferences, but I hope you find what works best for you.
Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom