MIST KING FAILED

RcManChild

Tonight I came downstairs at 10:00Pm and my mist king was still running from 8:00PM...

What the hell?

It appears as if my seconds timer failed.

Take this as a fair warning to all ensure that if the floor gets soaked no electrical can get to it... Because the tank was on a table and I had strapped all the extension cord/power bars to the underside of it nothing bad happened... A fair warning too all...

I guess I would rather have lots of water on my concrete floor than the pump burn out pumping air....

I did open the control box (probably voiding warranty) even though the controller box(not the screen) appeared to be dry aside from the portion laying on the floor I looked inside and LOTS of water was inside. It appears water dripped down the cord and into the control box. I was really disappointed that the control box was not water proof or at least some silicone put where the wires enter.

Anyways fair warning to all...
1) keep your electrical off the floor... stuff fails
2) I will now be siliconing around the entire control box to ensure this does not happen again and does not start a fire...

Hi RC,

this is very atypical for one of the new timer to behave like this. Since water was dripping down the wire to the point of filling up the relay box, I have to wonder if during your regular misting sessions water did not start to drip down the wire and accumulating drop by drop over days, weeks to finally cause an issue and cause a failure of the relay. There is no need to apply silicone to the box as these parts should not ever come in direct contact with water. Fact that it was dripping would suggest that you need to route the wires away from possible direct contact with mist. Same with pumps, zip drip valves, display for the timer. All those parts should not be in the path of direct spray. Anyhow, we can resume via email if needed.

@Marty
I would like to thank you for support.
None of the parts were in the direct spray path. But I did not have drip loops.
I have since corrected the issue.

After opening the controller box and allowing to dry and resetting the controller everything is working now.

This was not meant to bash Mist King but for others to learn from my errors, if it did not come off that way I apologize. I will continue to recommend and use mistking.

While I have your attention I do have a question, How likely is the pump to fail if it were to run dry.. aka no water?

It won't fail. The pump can run dry no problems. If it doesn't run, it may need to be primed. If it's full of air. You need to ensure that gravity if feeding the pump, then unplug the tubing at first nozzle and let the pump run for few minutes so it can get all the air out. Once you have a semi solid stream coming from the pump you can plug it back in and should be good to go.

Make sure that the cable is also not in direct path of the spray. Always good to have a drip loop!

Back
Top Bottom