Missing my chams

draetish

Avid Member
I really miss my chams, Arley, Bodie and especially Rocko. I know they are in excellent hands and doing well, which gives me piece of mind. Thankfully I have this forum to keep my cham obession alive and sharing the love of these special animals. I wanted to share this poem I wrote back in the day with all the new comers and say I will never lose my passion for Chameleons.

A Poem to My Chameleons

JUST BETWEEN YOU AND I

When we met, you were so small...
Fragile and scared with no color at all.
I watched you rapidly grow and blossom,
Into a Cham that is totally awesome.

You were discovered by the Ancient Greeks,
A calculating creature that's graceful and sleek
Your uniqueness deserved a proper name,
And 'Ground Lion' is what you became.

Sitting and watching you move for hours,
Consumes me with your intriguing powers.
How can a lizard be such an obsession?
Only one can know when in your possession.

I look forward to coming home to see,
My Cham that undoubtedly needs me.
I have other pets, yes it's true,
But none of them fascinate me like you.

We have a secret, just you and I,
That no human can really deny.
How can I be addicted to this World of Chams?
That's something only you and I understand.

My affection for you is true and real,
And I hope you know the joy I feel,
Of being your Keeper, my little friend,
Until we part, at the end.

Draetish

awe, I love that poem! I know what you mean, the first thing I do when I walk in the door is run to the room where my cham is to see him!

Donna, not to be nosey,(well ok, I guess I am) but how come you do not have your chams anymore?

At the time I had to re-home my chams I had to move out of my apartment. I was having neck surgery in the next couple of months too. I couldn't lift anything for a few months and I free-ranged my chams which was not an option at my friend's house and I didn't want to cage them up. :(

Don't be sad Donna, Bodie is doing fine! I promise to get some new pictures to you soon!

I can see him/her now with his new melleri harem you have. Happy and green all the time! :D Believe it or not, Rocko and Bodie free ranged together, Bodie got upset a few times, but he found out Rocko was harmless and just a goof.

At the time I had to re-home my chams I had to move out of my apartment. I was having neck surgery in the next couple of months too. I couldn't lift anything for a few months and I free-ranged my chams which was not an option at my friend's house and I didn't want to cage them up. :(

Hey Draetish, I hope everything goes good with you!

Back
Top Bottom