Miscarriage?

chamlover

Has anybody ever had a cham have a miscarriage? Don't know if that's what you call it when chams do it but i'm pretty sure that is what my pretty Sasha just did. We mated her with one of our newer panthers, Avana almost 2 weeks ago. On Fri and Sat i noticed she was hanging around the bottom of her cage, unusual for her unless she is laying. Yesterday i noticed 2 very large packages on the bottom of her cage. It looked like a large case tht might have enveloped small eggs. Then today she dropped what looked like a link of sausages. I looked like a very small egg that was attached to numerous other small egg-looking things. Kinda like if you go to the supermaarket and order hot dogs. You know how they are all linked together. She looks fine and has been eating and drinking well otherwise. She is still about 5 gr heavier than usual. So i'm thinking maybe she just got rid of some bad eggs? Sorry i couldn't take pics, lost my camera. Has this happened to anyone? And if it did, do you have any pics? I'm still concerned that she might still have some eggs in her. She never attempted to dig even though she does have an egg-laying bin in her cage.

Debby

I would take her and the packages to a vet. It might just be eggs that she is getting rid of but the "uterus" looks like a thin sausage cover and it might be that she is in trouble.

Too late i already threw them away. Wouldn't she be acting different if that was the case? She is acting normal. Eating, drinking, etc.

Debby

Last clutch that our Ambanja female, Minerva laid, in addition to laying normal white eggs, she also put out some brownish shriveled eggs with little strings attached as though they had been attached to each other at some time. Minerva dropped these loose in the birthing bin, and a few in the nest with the other eggs, and also a couple in her cage. That was 2 1/2 weeks ago. She is doing great. I wondered if they were old eggs, or what? But I also disposed of them.

Back
Top Bottom