Minimum Temp to Ship Chameleons

Turner1986

Established Member
I live in Brunswick Ohio and its winter time right now. I just bought 2 panther chams and there coming in from Texas. What is the minimum temperature it can be outside if i get them shipped to the FedEx depot and there packed with heat packs?

I don't like shipping below 30 personally. An experienced shipper could probably get away with a little lower. The only thing is if there's a mixup somehow you could be in serious trouble. Ive shipped @25 b4 but that's my lowest, and i used 3 40 hr heat packs, and insulated well. Ive done test with the 40 hr heat packs leaving them out overnight and on average they raise the temp 8-9 degrees per packet.

Scott

ya, its not gonna be above 30 degrees here for awhile. I hope i can still even get them. I paid $345 for a male and a female Nosy Be panthers. I got the cages and the whole setup already, i really hope i can even get them still.

Monday and Tuesday its gonna be a high of 30 degrees and 22 degrees. Do you think they can be shipped in that?

I am crazy!! I refuse to ship when it is really cold. Remember you need to consider the temps where they are now, the temps in Memphis (all fed ex goes through Memphis) and your temps. If they are held at your fed ex hub, that takes a lot of the possible problems out of the trip. My closest fed ex hub in 125 miles away.

so i guess i might as well get a refund for the chameleons right? because its gonna be cold here like that for the next couple months

If you Can get a refund.. the Cleveland reptile show is next Sunday and there is usually a few chameleons there.. however you have to make sure that they are captive bred As a lot of the chameleons I've seen there are wild caught and have issues... also I will have a few Ambilobes for sale in about a month or two if you don't find anything by then

Well the guy said hes gonna ship them out this Tuesday for arrival on Wednesday. He guarantees live arrival. Hes gonna have them go to the fed-ex depot instead of being delivered to my home (The fed-ex guy sucks where im at, he never knocks and just leaves and i gotta go pick up my packages anyway). So i should be getting them Wednesday, 4 days from now.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. I personally would never order them this time of year. I have mine coming in April when the weather is better.

I would never have a cham shipped to me in the winter, have a hard enough time with feeders.
That said, even in January, there are always those random warmer days where it's 40 or 50F. Just keep watching the extended forecasts.

well they shipped them for arrival tomorrow. its only gonna be 9 degrees when they arrive at the FedEx depot for pickup. He guaranteed live arrival tho and he knows how cold it is.

well they shipped them for arrival tomorrow. its only gonna be 9 degrees when they arrive at the FedEx depot for pickup. He guaranteed live arrival tho and he knows how cold it is.

If he packed them right, you'll be fine. I have had chameleons shipped to me in cold weather several times.

it was 2 degrees when i picked them up. i was a little worried to say the least lol. But everything turned out good. Both look really good.

Back
Top Bottom