Minimum chameleon weight for breeding

I'd say there's no such thing, for me I just put them together and my female didn't get pissy so I left em together for a few hours and voila! But she laid eggs and is absolutely not a fan of him at this point now lol

Generally speaking the chameleon community doesn't go off weight for breeding as much as we go off age where we recccomend the female be at least a year old and is otherwise healthy. No signs of MBD, eating, drinking and is of course receptive.

I am sure one of the experienced breeders here will chime in as well to help out with more details.

To be honest I personally wouldn't even breed a veiled. They are already so over populated in the pet trade. If you are doing it for extra $ well you probably won't get any. You will have to spend so much time and $ on the babies that it isn't even worth it in my opinion. If you really want to go for it. but I would look for something that actually needs there population increased. When pet stores can buy veileds for $8-$10 it says to me they don't need more breeding.

Click this

Attachments

• IMG_4224.jpg
    IMG_4224.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 111
Back
Top Bottom