Miner-All Indoor Supplement

farkasjk14

Hi all!
I just purchased a veiled this Monday, and he is about 2-3 months old. I have been going to my very knowledgeable pet store practically everyday asking questions to ensure the best care for Pacha.

I'm really starting to get confused with supplements. I am using Miner-All indoor (my chameleon is only indoors) and it states that it is a calcium/mineral supplement with vitamin d-3 and no phosphorous. I have read that you're only suppose to use a supplement with d-3 twice a month, but the people at the store said that the d-3 in this supplement was minute (4,400 I.U./kg) that it would be fine to use every day and there wouldn't be detrimental harm had to my chameleon.

Further, should I be using something else in addition to this supplement? All of the MBD cases are making me nervous, and I want to get him on the right track from the beginning to avoid harm in the future.

I have looked at other threads and I feel that sometimes the information contradicts itself, so any help on this topic would be wonderful.

most people use calcium w/out d3 on a daily basis, then w/ d3 and herptivite twice a month.

This way they get their daily calcium, but you're not overloading them w/ artificial d3

Ok, so essentially he will probably be fine until he's an adult, then he doesn't need the same supplement? Thanks for the advice guys!

As an adult you'll want to give him a different brand of calcium. Calcium every day with d3 calcium 2 times a month. So the calcium you are giving him will be fine every day up until 7 months old, then get him proper calcium

They always need supplements IMHO. The idea is to balance the nutrients in their system by feeding/dusting the insects well, provide UVB lighting to allow the chameleon to produce the D3 it needs to use the calcium in its system and have appropriate temperatures to allow for good digestion.

See "newbie in need of help" thread for more information.

Last edited:
Hi all!
I just purchased a veiled this Monday, and he is about 2-3 months old. I have been going to my very knowledgeable pet store practically everyday asking questions to ensure the best care for Pacha.

I'm really starting to get confused with supplements. I am using Miner-All indoor (my chameleon is only indoors) and it states that it is a calcium/mineral supplement with vitamin d-3 and no phosphorous. I have read that you're only suppose to use a supplement with d-3 twice a month, but the people at the store said that the d-3 in this supplement was minute (4,400 I.U./kg) that it would be fine to use every day and there wouldn't be detrimental harm had to my chameleon.

Further, should I be using something else in addition to this supplement? All of the MBD cases are making me nervous, and I want to get him on the right track from the beginning to avoid harm in the future.

I have looked at other threads and I feel that sometimes the information contradicts itself, so any help on this topic would be wonderful.

yes this is a low D3 product, but you still don't need it daily if you are using UVB tubes. Once or twice a week would be sufficient.

Back
Top Bottom