Miner-all Idoor every other day

Johnny909

Hello,

I have been looking closer into my supplementing schedule and decided to go with the standard Miner-all, rep-cal, herptivite formulation a lot of people use here.

To make things short, I did not know about the Outdoor formulation, and got the one with d3.

But here is my question, Rep-cal wD3 contains 400,000 IU per Kilo, while Miner-all contains 4,400 IU per kilo.

So from what I understand, even by giving Miner-All with d3, 3-4 times per week (never giving rep-cal) , I will still be giving a lower dosage of d3 than someone who gives the rep-cal wD3 twice a month.

So basically all I would use is Miner-all-indoor most feedings with herptivite once a month.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Reactions: Hoj
Did you get the rep-cal with or without D3?
yes You could use the Minerall indoor (with D3) a couple times a week, and use the rep-cal plain calicum (no D3) the rest of the time.
Herptivite up to twice a month.
This assumes youre not taking the chameleon outdoors into natural UV rays, youre not adding D3 to the diet in any other way (like via gutloads)

I heptivite , miner all in and repcalD3. And yes my cham is an indoor cham. I did not formulate my previous question correctly (sorry im 1/2 french)

From what i understand on these forums, is that alot of people suggest and use the following.

Rep-cal w/o d3 most feedings (or miner all w/o d3)
Rep-cal with d3 twice a month
Herptivite once a month

I was wondering if i could just use the following.

Miner-all indoors most feedings
Herptivite once a month.

Cause from reading the labels and doing a few calculations, even if i gave the chameleon miner-all indoors most feedings (while totally cutting out the rep-cal with d3), he would still be receiving a lower dose of monthly d3 vs giving him rep-cal with d3 twice a month....

I want to know this cause i purchased the wrong miner-all, i dont mind buying the outdoor version and using rep-cal d3 once and a while. But if i can save wasting this new can i would be happy

You are right there is a significant difference in the amount of D3 between those products.
When people use the Rep-cal with D3 twice a month, its only on one or two feeders per time. Id be cautious about the Mineral-I at every feeding. Can you take back the Mineral-I and exchange for Mineral-O or the Rep-cal with D3 for either without D3?

Ohh, i did not know it was for just on a couple feeders at a time, i was thinking dusting the whole lot. Thanks for that detail. I will just go and buy a repcal w/o d3. Thanks!

Ohh, i did not know it was for just on a couple feeders at a time, i was thinking dusting the whole lot. Thanks for that detail. I will just go and buy a repcal w/o d3. Thanks!

Everyone approaches it a bit differently.

How many is "the whole lot"? How many feeders do you use on a daily basis?

I give him 2 medium sized worms (silk, butter, horn or super) and 5 crickets per day.

On dusting days I only feed crickets, maybe 10-15, depends.

John

You are right there is a significant difference in the amount of D3 between those products.
When people use the Rep-cal with D3 twice a month, its only on one or two feeders per time. Id be cautious about the Mineral-I at every feeding. Can you take back the Mineral-I and exchange for Mineral-O or the Rep-cal with D3 for either without D3?

Hey Sandra, (or anybody) could you be specific about the reasons why you'd be cautious about using the Minerall-I often (since it works out to be less than the repcalw/D3 2xmonth)? Because I was wondering about that too. Because just in general it seems like if we're not sure how much they really need it, but want to make sure they don't go without, the thought of a much smaller dose more regularly rather than sparse but huge doses seems more comfortable and natural to me... I am, of course basing this theory on absolutely nothing, just the way my brain tends to think about things, but if the doseage ends up less overall, wouldn't that be safer? or are you cautious because you think it might not be enough?

I see absolutely nothing wrong with spreading the supplemental D3 out.
I dont advocate overdosing infrequently during the month.

Using the rep-cal with D3 sparingly twice a month, which is what I do, isnt overkill, IMO. Using the Mineral-I several times a week (which would add up to perhaps 14 times a month) on more feeders is undoutedly fine too. There isnt necessarily a difference in total amount - depending on how much you are using either way.
It may not make a difference which way one goes. Excess, so long as it really isnt overly excessive, is stored and released as needed.

I think they dont really need all that much, if the UVB lights are kept fresh.
People need to also think about beta carotene and vitamin A, idodine, vitamin K, water, etc when thinking about bone and tissue health, and trying to get a working balance of nutrients including the D3.

There's no one pattern that fits all situations.

Oh, for sure, no I didn't mean to imply that I thought the repcal twice a month was overkill, at all, I mean, it is the standard. I was just wondering, cause if we're concerned about overdoing it, why not do more frequent small doses as opposed to a couple spread out big ones, that's all.
My other question about the whole vitamin D thing, while we're on the subject, is what about when you are taking them out in the real sun regularly? Do you guys cut back at all on your D doses, when it's the outdoorsy season? And how much outside time per day kind of "does the trick" so to speak?

for a 5-6 month old that is not even close to overfeeding. They are still growing and need the food intake. Maybe she thought your cham was older. Many members feed every other day when they get into adulthood or a little earlier.

Oh, for sure, no I didn't mean to imply that I thought the repcal twice a month was overkill, at all, I mean, it is the standard. I was just wondering, cause if we're concerned about overdoing it, why not do more frequent small doses as opposed to a couple spread out big ones, that's all.
My other question about the whole vitamin D thing, while we're on the subject, is what about when you are taking them out in the real sun regularly? Do you guys cut back at all on your D doses, when it's the outdoorsy season? And how much outside time per day kind of "does the trick" so to speak?

I live in FLA so my cham is out everyday soaking up the sun. I still give him the repcal with d3 once a month on a couple of feeders. He really probably does not even need it at all for all the natural sunshine he gets so I use it very sparingly. I don't think it is written in stone on "what does the trick". I put my cham out there for about 6-8 hours but he has plenty of shade in his cage and he decides on how much sun he wants to take in.

Back
Top Bottom