mice

lizzleberry

hi,
in college at the moment so this is just a quick one,
recently i have discovered my bedroom is full of mice, i thought i got rid of them but theyre back :(
theyre not going for the poison, theyre actually eating my beany toys (cut theyre full of oats) so i need to find new ways of getting rid of them
i heard they hate mint, and putting lots of mint in my room will deter them
just wondering if mint will do the same thing to my young yemen chameleon who lives in a flexarium in my room.
really want to kill off the mice because they can actually climb up walls, scary thought is them getting to pascal :(
willing to try anything, but the mint idea sounds good, just need to know if itll upset pascal
thanks
:)

Well to start, I m sorry the mice are eatin your beanies. But mint will not deter them, its only a mytth. The best way to get rid of them is trapping with snap traps. First you must pre-bait them as in putting a small dab of peanut butter on the trap, but don't set it, let them take it. After a day or two of that, re bait it and set the traps. It would be best to remove the beanies til after you get rid of them so there only option is the peanut butter. Once they're gone you should find where they are getting in and plug the hole w/ steel wool. This way your cham is unafected. :)

if in a dorm let your RD know.Its their responsibility to clear your room of rodents.

If not in a dorm

Traps Like coldbloodedal said.

if in a dorm let your RD know.Its their responsibility to clear your room of rodents.

If not in a dorm

Traps Like coldbloodedal said.

I should have remembered that! My company services many colleges lol. Even most apts have that same responsibility.

in my room at home, have a lazy disgusting brother an sister who dont clean up after themselves, so they attract mice, mice go to where it is warm and quiet = my attic conversion. parents dont really do much about it, so its difficult to get rid of them when no one is making the effort to not leave food on the floors etc...

Completely sorry for changing the subject, but since mice also carry fleas, if fleas get infested in your house like a few of my friends' houses, put a dishpan of water on the floor with a light shining on it... they jump and drown themselves! Muahahah... after a million of those flea bombs that's the only thing that worked. My advice for the mice though... get a cat. Everyday my cat (before it died, long, sad story, which reminds me of where the red fern grows) it would bring me a dead animal everyday.

id LOVE a tiger. 3rd favourite animal :3
seriously though,
i got poison, its a year old and theyre not eating it D: it's there, right by my door which is where i think theyre getting in, but they totally ignore it, so i put it next to the beany theyve been eating. theyre climbing up the freaking walls to get to this beany (its one of those microwavable toys, full of wheat)
i put a humane trap down next to it, its got peanut butter, dog biscuits and a bbit of dark chocolate in it. i dont care how much they suffer so if i catch one ill feed it poison or whatever...
they were here bad about a month ago, then i think they disappeared, then last week i noticed fresh poop, an now i reckon theyre back properly

Back
Top Bottom