Methods Of Getting An Angry Male Vield Out Of Enclosure

So just wondering if anyone has any ways of getting an angry full grown male yemen vield cham out of the enclosure, just for cleaning and stuff, it really bothers me when i see people bring out their chams to hold all the time like a bearded dragon. But anyways, please help me out.

Have you thought about trimming your plant? Give him more walkways with sticks or the fake vines, he will have some open places to perch and still have some leafy areas to hide if he wants. I think basking should be a little more open.

I don't take my chameleons out of the enclosures when I clean.
But, to take him to a vet visit or check him over yourself etc ... suck it up;)
you're bigger than he is.
How old is the animal? I have found that mine has mellowed with age.

-Brad

If you are afraid of bites, wear some supple leather gloves. :) there is a video series that I saw linked in a post around here if you search.

I myself hold my hand out like a branch, slightly above and ahead of him and coax him to climb on when I take him out to clean. He gets crabby sometimes but its mostly all hiss and no bite because he is afraid I am going to eat him.

Once he is out he mellows down and goes into his calm colors again.

My cham is all hiss no bite as well, but he does do the completely random sneak nip once in a while.

Take a separate branch and use it as an extention of your hand, if he decides to bite, it will just bite the branch.

I am a wimp with my male veiled. i am bigger but he has a lot more attitude! Let me tell you he knows the difference between my hand and a branch. If the hand(the awful thing) gets to close and doesn't have food in it watch out. I never take him out when I clean his cage. He only come out in the summer to go outside to bask, and yes I wear leather gloves to pick him up.

Not a single one of my panthers will ever so much as hiss at me, even the 2 female veiled are ok, it is just that all male teenager!!!!

Bribe him with a worm that keeps moving back out of his reach so that he will have to walk a little bit further forward to get it and eventually before he knows it he is on your hand or a stick and then please for his sake give him the worm in the end. Or else he will hate you more then he might already do.

Back
Top Bottom