Meru's, Quad and Johnstonii

Action Jackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
Few shots from today.

This girl's next in line to have babies. This will be the last Meru to have babies here unless some have retained clutches.

Thor

And baby johnstonii. These guys are doing fantastic and are starting to show some blues.

Craig, awesome shots of your guys. Everyone is looking fantastic! I love the big eyes on the babies. You always do a terrific job with all of your chameleons. Are you finding many homes for your Meru's?

Craig, awesome shots of your guys. Everyone is looking fantastic! I love the big eyes on the babies. You always do a terrific job with all of your chameleons. Are you finding many homes for your Meru's?

Thanks Jann.
I'm not finding as many homes for them as I would like and have had to drop my prices quite a bit. Not really worth it for me to continue with them I'm thinking.

Wow, those meru pictures are great! You need to put some of those in the calendar contest.

Thor is looking good too. Next shed, I bet he will turn blue.

And the babies, so cute. You can see the little horns starting. When you sell these guys, you'll have to ship before the horns grow. It will be interesting to see how fast the horns come in since you have nothing to compare them to.

Beautiful photos as usual. Among the horned chameleon species you have worked with what is your favorite?

Thanks Jann.
I'm not finding as many homes for them as I would like and have had to drop my prices quite a bit. Not really worth it for me to continue with them I'm thinking.
I'm really sorry to hear about that. Visually they are one of my favorite chameleon species. Do you think the cause is just a general lack of interest? I've always wanted to work with meru but have yet to create the kind of indoor setup they require.

Thanks Jann.

I might be interested in taking one or two off your hands. I tried to PM you, but it says that you are too popular. PM me if you clear some space.:)

Beautiful photos as usual. Among the horned chameleon species you have worked with what is your favorite?

I'm really sorry to hear about that. Visually they are one of my favorite chameleon species. Do you think the cause is just a general lack of interest? I've always wanted to work with meru but have yet to create the kind of indoor setup they require.

Thanks Brad. I'm really loving these johnstonii. Their colors and patterns and their ability to change them are amazing. They are also very friendly and will readily climb out onto your hand showing no stress.

I think lack of interest is the main reason. It seems that most people want Panthers or Veilds and the people working with and having success with montanes is much smaller. I could produce a bunch of Meru's with the strong breeding group I have now but what's the point if people don't see the value of buying captive bred. I sure hope this is not the case with the johnstonii or it will be a shame.

I paid top dollar for my Meru's and johnstonii to establish breeding groups and recent posts about new imports indicate that they are going to be offered at higher and higher prices. I just hope peolple realize that if they intend to breed these less common speices they may not see that kind of money for the offspring. Money was not the motivating factor for me working with Meru's. I started because CB Merus were virtually nonexistent and known to be hard to work with. I've had pretty good success with them but there are still several aspects of their care that need further development which is best achieved by having multiple clutches and trying different things with their care.

Last edited:
Wow! Beautiful photos! I also really love Meru and am sad you won't be continuing to breed them. It's too bad more people aren't interested. I think they are the most beautiful of the Jackson's! Looking forward to seeing more of the Johnstonii though!

Craig everyone of your chams is just stunning and the pictures are so crisp and clear. Wonderful job. How old are the little johnsonii now? Those eyes get me every time.

Craig everyone of your chams is just stunning and the pictures are so crisp and clear. Wonderful job. How old are the little johnsonii now? Those eyes get me every time.

Thanks Laurie.
The first clutch of babies hatched 7/27 so just over a month. Tylene is coming over to pick hers out today. I traded her for a Quad.:)

The babies are just now starting to show some blues. It's weird not to see horns on these yet. I'm used to seeing horns early with the Jackson's.

Absolutely amazing chameleons. The pics aren't bad either!;) Keep up the good work. I may have to take some off your hands.

Back
Top Bottom