Melons new cage build

wow!!! amazing job!!!

Thanks.

Awesome setup! Your chameleon probably loves it! Probably thinks it’s his own little section of his jungle in there haha
Thanks. Ya she is definitely more happy in there then her old crapy setup. She has even gotten the slightest bit nicer although she still wants nothing to do with me unless I have food in my hand lol.

That’s hella sick man. Now I want to work on mine

Thanks.

Just seeing this now, nice job man!

Thanks.

Of course about 2 1/2 -3 weeks after I had it setup and put melon in she started to dig up most of the plants looking for somewhere to lay eggs before finally going down to her laying bin.

I have since put big rocks ontop of the dirt in all the pots. I have also changed some of the plants around and got some new ones since she ate most of the Pothos I had in there.

I need to add another misting nozzle to the back spraying down since the plants in the front are blocking the water from reaching the plants in the back.

I have since thought of a much easier and cheaper way of achieve the same idea.

For Cynthia’s new cage I’m going to buy 3 of these and just hang them up on the back and 2 sides.

88725F31-710E-4AC2-A326-768B5DB6A02F.png

If you are doing the same thing or similar I have a couple suggestions. Although it may be to late lol.

I would do the spray foam in smaller sections. The corrugated plastic kind of bowed out from the foam expanding.

I would also stuff the pots with newspaper or something a couple of mine kind of caved in from the foam expansion.
Not too late! I have not quit started foaming. I am not going to cover all 3 sides, just make them look floating. Thanks for the update -- that plant hanger is a fabulous idea I might go pick one up and put on in the back. I'm in Colorado so that'll help keep in moisture. right now I use bamboo place mats on my females enclosure.

Do you think "doubling up" on the plastic pots will help? Thanks for the input!

Of course about 2 1/2 -3 weeks after I had it setup and put melon in she started to dig up most of the plants looking for somewhere to lay eggs before finally going down to her laying bin.

I have since put big rocks ontop of the dirt in all the pots. I have also changed some of the plants around and got some new ones since she ate most of the Pothos I had in there.

I need to add another misting nozzle to the back spraying down since the plants in the front are blocking the water from reaching the plants in the back.
That is an issue I currently have in my girls cage and find I have to hand water some places -- for this new setup I got dual misters, hoping I can position them better.

My girl ALWAYS lays in a potted plant. I spent HOURS sifting the strings out of coconut husk and mixing it with the right sand and testing tunnels to make sure they hold and she picks the pathos EVERY time.

Not too late! I have not quit started foaming. I am not going to cover all 3 sides, just make them look floating. Thanks for the update -- that plant hanger is a fabulous idea I might go pick one up and put on in the back. I'm in Colorado so that'll help keep in moisture. right now I use bamboo place mats on my females enclosure.

Do you think "doubling up" on the plastic pots will help? Thanks for the input!

It might. Depends how thin the pots are I guess. You may just end up with 2 pots stuck together.

That is an issue I currently have in my girls cage and find I have to hand water some places -- for this new setup I got dual misters, hoping I can position them better.

My girl ALWAYS lays in a potted plant. I spent HOURS sifting the strings out of coconut husk and mixing it with the right sand and testing tunnels to make sure they hold and she picks the pathos EVERY time.

Lol ya they sure know how to make you do the most work possible. Then they get mad when you have to fix stuff.

Back
Top Bottom