meller's or parsonii

I was doing sme research on parsonii soo cool but sounds just about impossible to obtain one lol I love mellers as well though do they need any special care?

if you want a melleri

i highly suggest to get a misting system...they drink alot...and they need alot of cage space....

like 5ft wide x 3 ft deep x 3 ft high

if you want more info ask "summoner12" and "Fluxlizard", both i know are keeping melleri...

if you want a melleri

i highly suggest to get a misting system...they drink alot...and they need alot of cage space....

like 5ft wide x 3 ft deep x 3 ft high

if you want more info ask "summoner12" and "Fluxlizard", both i know are keeping melleri...

ok thanks for sure not looking to get another cham right now but i have an empty cage which i can decide what to put in it :p im looking into breeding geckos or cresties but i wouldnt mind another unique cham i have a veiled and an ambilobe any ideas?

Taking into consideration where you live, I would stay away form anything that need high humidity as you will have a devil of a time getting it in AZ.jmo

Taking into consideration where you live, I would stay away form anything that need high humidity as you will have a devil of a time getting it in AZ.jmo

The answer may be oustalets.

Males get huge which seems to be what you want. CB are cheap right now too.

:)

This won't be enough room for any of the big species.

Agreed.

And the dry air in Arizona can bit difficult to battle if you don't have a room that you dedicate to your animals and maintain the humidity at a high level. Misting often when the weather is dry helps, but requires a good drainage and misting system.

I would get a veiled for that size of cage. Veileds are great and for some reason under rated. They have great personalities and if you get a good blood line, have great colors.

my suggestion to you would be, sell the flexarium and use the money for materials to construct a DIY cage made out of aluminum or wood. therefore, i do not suggest any species, but cannot wait to see whatever you decide to get, chameleon or not

my suggestion to you would be, sell the flexarium and use the money for materials to construct a DIY cage made out of aluminum or wood. therefore, i do not suggest any species, but cannot wait to see whatever you decide to get, chameleon or not

awsome idea...

but he isnt planning to get either one:p

he explained on another thread he wont get one immediatley and knows he dosnt have the space...

that's fine, that's what HE thinks. the OP said not immediately.. im sure we'll see pics soon lol.

lol not sure i love to research and learn. I just got my new ambilobe so ill give it a few months and save up my money, I am selling my reptarium probably today my friend just now called me about it lol. Me and my friend constructed a 4 foot long by 2 feet wide by 4 feet tall cage with a stand that picks it up 4 ft off the ground. Some one was talking about veileds being cool, just by the way i do have one and I love him:) I do have a room for my chameleons and I have a mistking misting system that sprays about 8 times a day for 2 minutes each time. We also made a DIY drainage which seems to be working verywell Ill try to get some pictures today of everything :) Thank you for everyones input I love to here opinions! Im almost positive you can but can you keep a male oustalet's chameleon in a 2x2x4 and would a 4x2x4 be big enough for a melleri? If it is not big enough I wont even consider one because I would hate to have one pass away becuase of a small cage :(

If you are starting with a new species, it is always best to have as big enclosure as possible and prepare different conditions in different corners.

Concerning melleri, they do not drink much. And they do not require a misting system. I offer them twice a week water from a syringe, a shy female drinks in the shower. I have experience with captive bred animals only, but I was warned that WC animals tend to eat and drink too much which can cause their death. This species is a difficult species but sometimes it happens that they live many years in hands of a beginner. The good thing about them is that they do not mind constant conditions during whole year. 4*2*4 is enough if well equipped.

Concerning oustalets, at the beginning, they are looking like an easy species, but at least in our country (we do not have opportunity for use of outdoor cages for more then only a few weeks in summer) very few of them survive more than one year in captivity.

If you are starting with a new species, it is always best to have as big enclosure as possible and prepare different conditions in different corners.

Concerning melleri, they do not drink much. And they do not require a misting system. I offer them twice a week water from a syringe, a shy female drinks in the shower. I have experience with captive bred animals only, but I was warned that WC animals tend to eat and drink too much which can cause their death. This species is a difficult species but sometimes it happens that they live many years in hands of a beginner. The good thing about them is that they do not mind constant conditions during whole year. 4*2*4 is enough if well equipped.

Concerning oustalets, at the beginning, they are looking like an easy species, but at least in our country (we do not have opportunity for use of outdoor cages for more then vonly a few weeks in summer) very few of them survive more than one year in captivity.

Ok thanks I heard they drink a lot, I guess we do pretty good with oustalet's I know one person who has been breeding and getting healthy babies

Back
Top Bottom