Mellers chameleons...virus...death...

kinyonga

Chameleon Queen
"All five animals died within a span of one month. The first mortality occurred without premonitory signs. One week later, three other individuals in the group presented with acute onset dehydration, lethargy and anorexia"...
"n summary, ranavirus is an emerging disease of fish, amphibians, and reptiles that exhibits high morbidity and mortality. It is becoming increasingly recognized as a pathogen of lizards and thus, should be considered a differential in lizards that present with sudden death, rhinitis, skin lesions, and splenic / hepatic necrosis"....
https://www.askjpc.org/wsco/wsc_showcase2.php?id=SnpLSkRQd2MvZE5VQjVzaVpkRGxXQT09

I remember when this virus went around in the US. It was so awful. Karen @photoprinces, and Asia Kauffman lost all their Melleri in about a months time. It was so very sad.
Horrible! I wonder since 9 mos. old if they were wild caught and brought it in? Or contamination from plants, bugs, or enclosure or human handling frogs?

Another sobering reminder to keep different species separate. My phyllomedusa frog colony is negative for Rana but looking for more so this reminds me to test.

Back
Top Bottom