Meet Yaddle, my new anole

Hey, we have one of these too! (Kinda... not a silver crested)

View attachment 252398

They can be fun... or annoying. Ours likes to start getting mad when everyone leaves the room lately.

Gorgeous! Is that an Umbrella cockatoo? I'm not great at IDing from the front, haha!

I love these guys so much, but they're a lot of work! Monty has been with me for nearly 8 years now (anniversary in early December), and has only now mostly figured out that I'll come back when I leave the room, lol. The screaming can be pretty dreadful!

“Go to bed” “hello” lol I love Monty girl

It's constant! :LOL:

This is my dream pet :love: :love: (You know other than the chams:p)

They're something else! I highly recommend volunteering at a bird rescue and letting the bird choose you, if you have the opportunity. Monty 100% chose me, haha!

Gorgeous! Is that an Umbrella cockatoo? I'm not great at IDing from the front, haha!

I love these guys so much, but they're a lot of work! Monty has been with me for nearly 8 years now (anniversary in early December), and has only now mostly figured out that I'll come back when I leave the room, lol. The screaming can be pretty dreadful!

They're something else! I highly recommend volunteering at a bird rescue and letting the bird choose you, if you have the opportunity. Monty 100% chose me, haha!
He is an Umbrella! Hes got an awesome personality and we're his 3rd home. Hes been with use about 6 months or so, but hes 24!! (Yes, years)
I'm his play friend and entertainment, my wife is his "love" source. He doesn't come out for anyone but her and he will lay his head on her and get "scratch scratch", lol. I've taught him a few new phrases, mostly bad, but he has a pretty good vocabulary.

We got a wifi cam off amazon that came today. It was $20 as a deal and I expected it to be a $10 camera but have been impressed! It does transmit voice, rotates in all directions, and has a stable connect. My wife freaked our son out when he came into the living room to see why the bird was jabbering while we were at costco. I wouldn't recommend it for having a full on conversation, but for the price paid... she can watch and talk to the bird from anywhere. (And I have one coming for the lizard room, hehe)

Monty is pretty. The yellow crest is what makes the sulfur so awesome!

He is an Umbrella! Hes got an awesome personality and we're his 3rd home. Hes been with use about 6 months or so, but hes 24!! (Yes, years)
I'm his play friend and entertainment, my wife is his "love" source. He doesn't come out for anyone but her and he will lay his head on her and get "scratch scratch", lol. I've taught him a few new phrases, mostly bad, but he has a pretty good vocabulary.

We got a wifi cam off amazon that came today. It was $20 as a deal and I expected it to be a $10 camera but have been impressed! It does transmit voice, rotates in all directions, and has a stable connect. My wife freaked our son out when he came into the living room to see why the bird was jabbering while we were at costco. I wouldn't recommend it for having a full on conversation, but for the price paid... she can watch and talk to the bird from anywhere. (And I have one coming for the lizard room, hehe)

Monty is pretty. The yellow crest is what makes the sulfur so awesome!

I ought to try a cam sometime! I'm not sure if Monty would love it or hate it, haha! Feel free to send me a PM if you ever feel like talking birds. They're my second obsession! :D So much character.

Oh it takes some serious patience! My birds were so loud (I loved them but my parents, not so much)!!

My sister has an african grey who is prob around 25 - 30 yo now. He still acts like a possessed 6 year old (they actually have the intelligence of a 6 year old child). He is such a brat, but he’s so funny. He will sling his water bowl and then yell “want some waaaaaaaater? Muahahahaha!!”

He could imitate my dad perfectly. When I was a kid he would yell for me and my brother in my dad’s “you’re in deep
crap” voice and we’d come running. Once we’d realize it was the bird he’d mock us and laugh at us. :ROFLMAO: Such a jerk!

I ought to try a cam sometime! I'm not sure if Monty would love it or hate it, haha! Feel free to send me a PM if you ever feel like talking birds. They're my second obsession! :D So much character.
Our cam actually is on top of our entertainment center - about 15-20ft away from him. When we talk to him, at least for now, he looks around and goes bonkers. His head feathers go up and he starts whipping his head left to right looking for us. My wife loves it. His cage used to be my iguanas cage and is quite large. It also sits in front of a bank of 3 windows so during the afternoon it can be hard to spot a white bird in a washed out feed... otherwise it's an awesome investment for the price.

I like birds... the reason I kept the cage instead of getting rid of it was because I've always wanted a green wing or a hyacinth. I'm not nearly as much into birds as I am chams though, my wife takes care of him for the most part. After she failed at making some "sprout" (twice), I got that job though, hehe.

Oh it takes some serious patience! My birds were so loud (I loved them but my parents, not so much)!!

My sister has an african grey who is prob around 25 - 30 yo now. He still acts like a possessed 6 year old (they actually have the intelligence of a 6 year old child). He is such a brat, but he’s so funny. He will sling his water bowl and then yell “want some waaaaaaaater? Muahahahaha!!”

He could imitate my dad perfectly. When I was a kid he would yell for me and my brother in my dad’s “you’re in deep
crap” voice and we’d come running. Once we’d realize it was the bird he’d mock us and laugh at us. :ROFLMAO: Such a jerk!
Yea, our boy has learned to imitate a few of my phrases and a super evil laugh. He will give his "warning bite" then back off and laugh. They sure show signs of how smart they can be...

Back
Top Bottom