Meet Lily, Our New Family Member

jannb

Chameleon Enthusiast
We were really missing Ivy and Angel and saw this little girl that really needed a good home. They thought she was a boy and named her Rango. She only had two coil lights and a blue light and they thought the lights needed to be on 24/7. Her food consist of superworms, which they thought were mealworms and the only supplement dust she had was calcium with D3. Both eyes were closed and she had and abscess on her face/head that went down into her right eye. Monday my vet lanced and cleaned out the abscess and put her on injectable antibiotics. Now both eyes are open but she still has some swelling in the abscess area.

Here’s a few pictures of our new girl. She is about one year old and weighs 59 grams.

Welcome Lily

8FA2F980-2FAF-48DB-95C4-22A1222E27F0.jpeg

03D631E8-96D8-42E8-BEF8-C162E5D4FE20.jpeg

631A4A45-3A0D-4A2C-9352-B40CE2A5F694.jpeg

7C3249E3-9D3F-4D0F-9B2C-E9D873BA66B4.jpeg

Here’s how she looked when we picked her up.

F064A701-54CA-4529-B07A-BB5121241540.jpeg

6045D91D-DA81-422F-ABDF-2CD9DE9650B0.jpeg

16707FC9-A407-4963-8E75-7D79C9F94C84.jpeg

Last edited:
We were really missing Ivy and Angel and saw this little girl that really needed a good home. They thought she was a boy and named her Rango. She only had two coil lights and a blue light and they thought the lights needed to be on 24/7. Her food consist of superworms, which they thought was mealworms and the only supplement dust she had was calcium with D3. Both eyes were closed and she had and abscess on her face/head that went down into her right eye. Monday my vet lanced and cleaned out the abscess and put her on injectable antibiotics. Now both eyes are open but she still has some swelling in the abscess area.

Here’s a few pictures of our new girl. She is about one year old and weighs 59 grams.

Welcome Lily

View attachment 321687

View attachment 321686

View attachment 321689

View attachment 321688

View attachment 321692

View attachment 321691

View attachment 321690
Poor girl, luckily you found her and she’s in good care with you 🙏🏻🙏🏻

She looks like she's in better condition than I would have expected to be possible after her previous care. I'm sure you'll have her all fixed up soon Jann...and the rest of her life will be good !

Poor girl, luckily you found her and she’s in good care with you 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Thank you for your kind words. I’ll do my very best by Lily.

She is going to a wonderful home ❤️

Thank you Faith! We are already in love with her. She is such a sweet little girl, even with the injections.

Hello Lily

I hope she has a quick recovery. It's great to see this. Thank you for sharing, Jann.

Thank you Brad! We really didn’t need another chameleon but when we saw her and seen how she had been kept, we felt like she really needed us.

She looks like she's in better condition than I would have expected to be possible after her previous care. I'm sure you'll have her all fixed up soon Jann...and the rest of her life will be good !

Thank you Lynda! She does look surprisingly well for the way she had been kept. As soon as her insurance starts, it has a two week waiting period, the vet wants to do an X-ray and bloodwork due to the improper lighting and Vitamin D, just to make sure there’s no bone loss or liver problems. The vet did mention she appeared to have some muscle loss.

She’s blessed to have such a lovely home with you!

Thank you for your very kind words.

Hello sweet Lily! I’ve no doubt your new mama will ensure a full recovery and you’ll blossom into a beautiful flower. 🥰🤗🌺

Thank you Vikki! You are always so kind! ❤️

What a lucky girl Lily is to have ended up with you! Bless you for taking her! 😍

Thank you for you kind words. We are hoping to get Lily back to 100%.

Should have kept the name! Rango is such an original name and now she will probably have identity issues 😂😂 glad to see that she's in good hands now! Welcome Lily ❤️

Thank you for you comments! I really don’t like changing their names but sometimes it’s necessary.

"We were really missing Ivy and Angel and saw this little girl that really needed a good home. They thought she was a boy and named her Rango. She only had two coil lights and a blue light and they thought the lights needed to be on 24/7. Her food consist of superworms, which they thought were mealworms and the only supplement dust she had was calcium with D3. Both eyes were closed and she had and abscess on her face/head that went down into her right eye. Monday my vet lanced and cleaned out the abscess and put her on injectable antibiotics. Now both eyes are open but she still has some swelling in the abscess area.

Welcome Lily"

Wha.. wha.. WHAT? :eek: 😦 :LOL: You know I had to.

We were really missing Ivy and Angel and saw this little girl that really needed a good home. They thought she was a boy and named her Rango. She only had two coil lights and a blue light and they thought the lights needed to be on 24/7. Her food consist of superworms, which they thought were mealworms and the only supplement dust she had was calcium with D3. Both eyes were closed and she had and abscess on her face/head that went down into her right eye. Monday my vet lanced and cleaned out the abscess and put her on injectable antibiotics. Now both eyes are open but she still has some swelling in the abscess area.

Welcome Lily

View attachment 321687

View attachment 321686

View attachment 321689

View attachment 321688

View attachment 321692

View attachment 321691

View attachment 321690
Congrats! Just make sure she doesn't "nap" in the day, it means she is severely stressed (which is a common way chameleons die.)

Congrats! Just make sure she doesn't "nap" in the day, it means she is severely stressed (which is a common way chameleons die.)
Jann has been keeping for years and years, very far from her first rodeo. Believe me, she knows what she's doing! Those pics with Lily's eyes closed are from when she first acquired her. :)

Lily is so beautiful. Looks way better then when you first got her! She will live out the rest of her time well with you. She couldn't have gotten a better mom. 🥰

"We were really missing Ivy and Angel and saw this little girl that really needed a good home. They thought she was a boy and named her Rango. She only had two coil lights and a blue light and they thought the lights needed to be on 24/7. Her food consist of superworms, which they thought were mealworms and the only supplement dust she had was calcium with D3. Both eyes were closed and she had and abscess on her face/head that went down into her right eye. Monday my vet lanced and cleaned out the abscess and put her on injectable antibiotics. Now both eyes are open but she still has some swelling in the abscess area.

Welcome Lily"

Wha.. wha.. WHAT? :eek: 😦 :LOL: You know I had to.
So cute!!
Jann has been keeping for years and years, very far from her first rodeo. Believe me, she knows what she's doing! Those pics with Lily's eyes closed are from when she first acquired her. :)

Lily is so beautiful. Looks way better then when you first got her! She will live out the rest of her time well with you. She couldn't have gotten a better mom. 🥰

Yea! Rango, right? She’s to pretty to call Rango!

Thank you chamowner!

Ava, you are so kind! Thank you! ❤️

Welcome Lily

View attachment 321687

View attachment 321686

View attachment 321689

View attachment 321688

View attachment 321692

View attachment 321691

View attachment 321690
Bless your heart for literally saving her life

Back
Top Bottom