- Your Chameleon -Veiled Chameleon, Female, No clue how old, been in my care for almost a month.
- Handling - 1 time, every 2 or so days, she's very sweet, and never shows stress signs when holding her. If she seems cranky, I leave her alone.
- Feeding - Crickets, bok choy, collard greens, occasional wax worm or meal worm. 10 crickets/day. Once in the morning about 30 minutes after lights on. Once at night, about an hour and a half before lights out. Gut loading crickets with oranges, apples, broccoli, and flukers high-calcium cricket diet.
- Supplements - Repti-Calcium w/o d3 every day in the mornings except 1 time/2 weeks when I use repti-vite or calcium w/ d3.
- Watering - Misting 3-5 times a day depending on humidity. mist for a minute and a half. Yes she drinks often.
- Fecal Description - Firm, brown, lubricated exterior. White urea attached not runny, not hard. only time it was different was when the urea was very runny. called vet was told it meant she was very well hydrated. Yes she's been tested for parasites.
- History - None that we know of.
- Cage Type - mesh cage 18x18x36 but in the process of building a 3ftx3ftx4ft screen enclosure.
- Lighting - reptisun ho t5. its not compact its a bar. this is being changed in less than a week to a 12%uvb.
- Temperature -basking spot is 84. overall is 78. lowest night temp was 68. digital thermometer that I check more frequently than you can imagine.
- Humidity - Humidity level is at 50% if it hits 40% I mist. Using a hygrometer for the pet store to measure.
- Plants - Yes, I have a bonsai tree, and a pothos plant start that will be transplanted in bigger enclosure.
- Placement - Cage is in my bedroom away from high traffic, air vent near by. enclosure is 3 and a half feet from the floor. she's the highest point in the room....99% of the time.
- Location - Northern Idaho
Please excuse my crap camera, I shattered the lens on my phone slipping on ice. Biggest question I have is how do I tell how old she is? And should I be concerned about eggs yet? Shes still eating actively as of now, I did put a pot in her enclosure and put a blanket around so she had privacy, but she didnt go down into it. I snuck a camera on top to see LOL