Medicating and force feeding

Uri

Avid Member
I’ve tried the pinching the casque the gular and I got him to open up for a little bit and he licked some drops before giving up and shutting himself down I got a little carnivore care in him but honestly I’m losing hope he’s looking rougher and without being able to do blood tests its hard ti know what the true issue is because his only signs are sleeping and sunken in eyes and not eating he doesn’t lift his nose up or gape and with most vets never having seen this species I’m at lost on what to do because the vets I’ve seen don’t wanna send medication without knowing what a problem could be that goop is carnivore care btw and I can’t get a fecal as he hasn’t pooped since he hasn’t eaten

Attachments

• 7FA0FC66-EC9D-48B7-930E-E8AB4824CB27.jpeg
    7FA0FC66-EC9D-48B7-930E-E8AB4824CB27.jpeg
    193.7 KB · Views: 54
I went through the same thing with a panther I rescued. It was a struggle to feed him, but he needed it. It was worth the frustration because he has made a full recovery. Keep at it, he definitely needs it. Are you feeding via a syringe?

I went through the same thing with a panther I rescued. It was a struggle to feed him, but he needed it. It was worth the frustration because he has made a full recovery. Keep at it, he definitely needs it. Are you feeding via a syringe?
Yes

I also had my daughter there to help. I had the task of opening his mouth as she would gently feed him via syringe

Back
Top Bottom