Measuring Humidity

Ecubaker

I am gathering materials for my future 2x2x4 Dragon Strand screen set-up. Amazon has an overwhelming number of humidity gauge choices. What would you recommend? Do I need more than one for different parts of the cage?

Thanks!
KB

I use two, both are inexpensive digital hygrometer/thermometer with a remote sensor. One is close to the basking area the other is in the lower third of the cage. They work fairly well as long as the batteries hold out. The batteries seem to last about a year.

I use two, both are inexpensive digital hygrometer/thermometer with a remote sensor. One is close to the basking area the other is in the lower third of the cage. They work fairly well as long as the batteries hold out. The batteries seem to last about a year.
Thanks for your response! I just ordered an Acu-rite gauge (I saw in one of the pictures on a very old post). I should probably order one more. Amazon is a wonderful thing!

Thanks for your response! I just ordered an Acu-rite gauge (I saw in one of the pictures on a very old post). I should probably order one more. Amazon is a wonderful thing!
I have bought a mister. I have ordered the screen cage, but have bought some bamboo mats to hang on 2 sides. Do you end up having to use a humidifier with your set up at night?

I do use a cool mist humidifier from midnight to 4am. I think they are more important to have if you have Jackson's or other montane species but if used correctly can benefit panthers and veiled. It totally depends on the humidity levels that your area or house have. Air conditioners and heaters really dry out your air so you will have to adjust accordingly season to season. Your gauges will really help with that.

Back
Top Bottom