Mean Greens

Chameleons shouldnt be eating greens. If you want to get greens to them gutload your feeders. Strictly bugs
i’ve done a lot of research and it’s my understanding that they can benefit from eating vegetation.
it is good for them, and can bring out colors. also, why would he eat greens when that’s not what he’s supposed to eat? it wasn’t moving or anything, so it wouldn’t be tempting unless they do in fact eat vegetation. it’s not necessary but it can be good for them.

i’ve done a lot of research and it’s my understanding that they can benefit from eating vegetation.
it is good for them, and can bring out colors. also, why would he eat greens when that’s not what he’s supposed to eat? it wasn’t moving or anything, so it wouldn’t be tempting unless they do in fact eat vegetation. it’s not necessary but it can be good for them.
They cant digest it as easily as the bugs but i will leave it here and let an expert explain

My 2 cents on feeding veg and fruit to Veileds. While they do enjoy munching on plants adding some dandelion greens that you get from the store to the cage may be a good deterrent from your plants.

HOWEVER they are insectivores and should not be given fruit and Veg in a cup daily. Their body does not break it down as easily. They are not Bearded dragons.

The insects should be properly gutloaded with a variety of green leafy veg and some fruit. They then pass the nutrients broken down to the chameleon.
Here is the gutloading image. These are items you can gutload your insects with that are good for your chameleon. I have included the feeder image as well.

chameleon-gutload.jpg
chameleon-food(1).jpg

I think parsley should be fine. Veiled’s don’t need to eat vegetables or plant matter, but they do seem to enjoy having a little sometimes. My girls have taken a couple of bites of various things I’ve offered like apple or sweet potato shaving. The only thing I give them maybe twice a month is a couple of blueberries as they really seem to enjoy those. Think of it as more of a treat than a staple.

Back
Top Bottom