Mealworms

Kam0408

Established Member
Ok so I know for chameleons you want to NEVER feed mealworms and I never will. But recently I ordered food online and they sent me mealworms and I don’t know what to do with them. I did not order them either. I don’t want to just throw them away or kill them but I can’t feed them either.

Ok so I know for chameleons you want to NEVER feed mealworms and I never will. But recently I ordered food online and they sent me mealworms and I don’t know what to do with them. I did not order them either. I don’t want to just throw them away or kill them but I can’t feed them either.

do you know anyone with a pet that can eat them? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nah, it's just not a good idea to feed them all the time. If you have them, might as well use them. They won't hurt anything and have shown to be fairly nutritious. People worry about the chitin, but it's a non issue IMO. Chameleons eat a lot of beetles in the wild and they have hard shells. As long as the cham is hydrated and without illness it'll digest just fine. Moderation and variety are key.

Trust me, I was posting here to never feed mealworms either a few years back. It was an overblown issue that I've changed my mind on since learning more. I'd happily feed my cham some mealworms if he wanted them as a treat.

Tbh when I was feeding mealworms to Carly. She had amazing poops
IMG_20201004_111719054.jpg

Back
Top Bottom