Mealworms

Roger.bowen

Established Member
I am ordering mealworms for my leopard gecko and as a treat for my chameleon, I was just wondering what is the best way to keep them alive and gut loaded

I use superworms instead of meal worms. I gutolad them the same as crickets with Bug Burger, and fresh fruits and vegetables

I use superworms instead of meal worms. I gutolad them the same as crickets with Bug Burger, and fresh fruits and vegetables
I'm just using mealworms because I have a small gecko and small chameleon. The chameleon will only be getting ill few every couple weeks just as a treat

Do you just keep them in a bin, also I have heard that people keep them with bran or oatmeal and just put in like apple slices

Nope for me on the mealworms! Maybe for bluegill fishing, if you know how to fish!

You have received a few "opinions". The knowledge is there and the choice is yours.

You can keep them in bran/oats. Would be better to take out the few you will be feeding and let them feed on only greens and veggies for a day before feeding to your cham.

You have received a few "opinions". The knowledge is there and the choice is yours.

You can keep them in bran/oats. Would be better to take out the few you will be feeding and let them feed on only greens and veggies for a day before feeding to your cham.
People say to keep them in the fridge, is that a good idea.

the fridge just slows down there metabolism and basically makes them hibernate. if you do this, take some out the day before you feed, and give them some fresh greens and veggies to feast on before feeding to your cham.

the fridge just slows down there metabolism and basically makes them hibernate. if you do this, take some out the day before you feed, and give them some fresh greens and veggies to feast on before feeding to your cham.
Alright thanks for the help

You can gutload them with the same foods you gutload your crickets with. They would be totally fine as a treat once and awhile. Though super worms are better than meal worms.

Back
Top Bottom