Me feeding vs. my mom feeding

ChamazingZina

My veiled wont eat when my mom tries to feed her, but she eats perfectly fine when I do. Sometimes I'll leave for a day or two and leave it up to my mother to feed her, but she won't eat. My mom uses the same technique I do, but she just wont eat. In a couple weeks I'm leaving for Mexico for 3 months and I'm worried she won't eat. I don't know if my moms scent has to do with it?..or what. :confused:

Some of my chams won't eat if my hubby feeds them if I am home. If I leave town they all eat like champs. They also drink from the auto misters & drippers. He doesn't hand mist them and none of the chams are dehydrated when I return.

My chams do this to my GF sometimes..... They are mostly used to me feeding them... you have to build the chams trust. My wild caught melleri wouldn't eat from a cup I was holding with lots of yummy crickets.... leave the cup there for them, they eat.....

Over time they learned that if I am holding the cup or the cup is just sitting in the cage, it is safe. Now, let my GF try to feed them the same way? Nope, she had to gain their trust as well.

Have your mom be the only one to feed your cham for a week I bet by the end of the week she'll be hungry enough to eat from your mom and learn she is a safe human to eat from.

Don't worry, this is the exact thing that happens with my chams. Every single one of them will handfeed if I am feeding them. Only two will if my mom tries, which is rarely anyways. They are the two I have had the longest and I believe they are more used to her being around. The other 10 panthers will not each from her hands no matter how hungry they are, however the brevs will hand/tweezer feed from anyone who has a set of hands and a baby mantis in them. Personally I believe they recognize me as a safer person to be around and they are unsure of my mom because she is new to their turf or just a rare visitor who dangle food in front of them. I even have a cham that used to be super viscous and now really likes me but actually tries to bite my mom wen she attempts to hand feed, he will eat off of my shirt when he is on my shoulder. good Luck.

Justin

Back
Top Bottom