Me - 1 , Crickets - 0

Incognito

So I have been letting my chams hunt the crickets, but I kept getting escapes! I caught all but 2 by chasing them with a dixie cup and a post card lol and it was fun the first time or two but after 10 I was DONE! I read a bunch of posts on here about cup feeding and decided to try it out but they kept jumping out of the cup and escaping anyway! So I did what two people here suggested... 1 I shook the snot out of them and 2 I misted the cup! With my James Bond themed chameleons, I thought it ironic that while shaking the crickets it looked like a martini shaker!

IMG_1618.jpg

I came to the conclusion Incognito likes his crickets shaken not stirred! He went for them no problem but Solitaire was not having it! So I dumped a few in for her to hunt and with them being practically knocked out they didnt run from her or escape :) So thank you ladies and gents for making feeding time slightly easier!!

Lol! I love the title of this thread. I gave up trying to beat crickets and some how became use to random ones crawling up the walls. Dont worry you will too:p

My escaped convicts luckily stay under the UV light (tiny space between the light and mesh) once the get loose....not very smarts fellas...but they sure love to tease waldo as he follows them and wonders "how in the f* do I get him?"

I found a random one crawling across my rug last night and it was about 3 am so I had to decide; Do I go get the cup and card and try to put him back in with the crickets, back in with the chams or do I just squish him!? You can guess I wasted the $0.16 and squashed the lil jerk! And Mike - you didnt know they were little convicts always barreling out?? ;) and Johnny - mine jacksons are still so tiny I'd be affraid of loosing them! Solitaire fits on the tip of my finger. I'd hate to see what electronic should could manage to fit herself inside :/

Is it just me or do the dark brown crickets not have as much jump to them as the lighter crix?

All I have had thus far are the lighter crickets, I would love to just pull all thier little legs off! But that would require some tweezers of some type and alot of time! Right now the chams are outside sunning and I tossed in a few flys to see what they would do. They seem more interested in the sun for now lol

They have secret tunnels or something in my dudes cage cuz they are always escaping and i have no idea how. Usually we catch em climbing up the wall or my min pin starts attacking the carpet lol

I consider the escapee brown crickets "dog toys"...

The darker (I call them black) crickets are nasty. I would capture any I saw before letting my dog play with them.

Back
Top Bottom