MBD? Please help!

Corinthiax3

Hey guess I’m in need of serious help I feel so awful my lil girl has taken a bad turn she had a recent lay (may 14) and ever since she’s been decling I thought maybe she was stressed needed some space etc so I’ve been very minimal with her just feed water check temps humidity and leave her alone but today I took a good look at her I just have a feeling she’s not doing well; here’s what’s going on
She’s constantly super ashy dark green or black (unless she’s sleeping or eating) she looks SUPER dry but humidity has been good she looks pretty skinny and always acts hungry but I know they can suck on pretty tight especially since she’s a hisser I’ve notice her left foot looks kinda funky I looked at old pictures and it looks like maybe she’s always had it but it’s gotten worse. I’ll include several pictures below and the info sheet. I got the names of two trusted vets that I’ll be calling tomorrow but please any advice or anything is appreciated
I tried to include photos of feces but very hard because she thinks the tattoos on my hands are food and tries to go after them very last picture was taken on April 17

Attachments

• 29125B4D-BFD7-4DFE-9CD0-CECFBE4FDC89.jpeg
    29125B4D-BFD7-4DFE-9CD0-CECFBE4FDC89.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 204
  • 75AB330E-7350-4C91-BDEF-9F460BEBB7BA.jpeg
    75AB330E-7350-4C91-BDEF-9F460BEBB7BA.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 203
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 224
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 200
  • D8FC4B06-D7FD-498B-8A87-26D84DFE6C28.png
    D8FC4B06-D7FD-498B-8A87-26D84DFE6C28.png
    704.4 KB · Views: 191
• Your Chameleon - Female veiled chameleon was told she was 4months old when I got her February 22 ‘19 but someone told me she looked much older so unsure but I have had her now for a solid 3 months before that she was a triple discount from petco

• Handling - Almost never if I’m wearing long sleeves I’ll let her crawl on me if she’s interested while I’m doing something in her cage but I’ve had her for about 3months and I’ve held her maybe 5 times

• Feeding - I feed her 6-10 crickets depending on how large the store has, and then 2-3 wax worms and 2-3 super worms like every other meal (not all together)

• Supplements - I use Zoomed rept calcium WITHOUT D3 very day and then Zoomed repti calcium WITH D3 once a week

• Watering - I used to see her drink steadily when I was using the dripped/mist technique but now that I have the monsoon I see her lick her lips a little but not as much as before

• Fecal Description - Before her lay may 13 it was yellow and nice brown but I since I got the monsoon mister around May 14-15 it’s been nice and white and brown

• History - She has her first ghost clutch of 52 eggs on May 13

( I know that’s a huge amount and have been trying to correct so she’s not put through that again)

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Not sure of dimensions but it’s a Large reptibreeze cage all mesh

• Lighting - I have a ZooMed double light fixture with the ZooMed 50W white basking bulb and a ZooMed 5.0 UVB reptisun 13W

• Temperature - Basking area is about 80° while midway is 72° bottom is about 68° high for today in middle was 73° and the lowest was 70°

• Humidity - I have a electronic humidity gage that tells me current humidity and temperatures as well as high and lows from last 24hrs humidity is maintained by a solo monsoon system

• Plants - Used to have bromeliad but now I have schefflera arboricola

• Placement - in my bedroom which is a pretty low traffic area, not near window, near door but low traffic, bottom of cage is about 2.5 ft off ground top of cage is 5ft ish

• Location - Oregon

• Your Chameleon - Female veiled chameleon was told she was 4months old when I got her February 22 ‘19 but someone told me she looked much older so unsure but I have had her now for a solid 3 months before that she was a triple discount from petco

• Handling - Almost never if I’m wearing long sleeves I’ll let her crawl on me if she’s interested while I’m doing something in her cage but I’ve had her for about 3months and I’ve held her maybe 5 times

• Feeding - I feed her 6-10 crickets depending on how large the store has, and then 2-3 wax worms and 2-3 super worms like every other meal (not all together)
Because of her 50 egg clutch I would completely cut out wax worms. They're not nutritional at all. Stick with silkworms, crickets, BSFL, hornworms as treats, and dubia roaches. What are you gutloading with?
• Supplements - I use Zoomed rept calcium WITHOUT D3 very day and then Zoomed repti calcium WITH D3 once a week
D3 should only be given once every 2 weeks. On the other weeks you need to be using a multivitamin with Retinol Vitamin A in it. As stated in your previous thread.
• Watering - I used to see her drink steadily when I was using the dripped/mist technique but now that I have the monsoon I see her lick her lips a little but not as much as before
How often and how long is your monsoon going off for?
• Fecal Description - Before her lay may 13 it was yellow and nice brown but I since I got the monsoon mister around May 14-15 it’s been nice and white and brown

• History - She has her first ghost clutch of 52 eggs on May 13

( I know that’s a huge amount and have been trying to correct so she’s not put through that again)

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Not sure of dimensions but it’s a Large reptibreeze cage all mesh
Its suggested that females have the same size as males. 2x2x4 is preferred. Yours is 18x18x36
• Lighting - I have a ZooMed double light fixture with the ZooMed 50W white basking bulb and a ZooMed 5.0 UVB reptisun 13W
Your UVB is insufficient. You need a T5HO linear UVB hood with a 10.0 or 12% bulb. As stated in your previous thread. Without this light she could easily get MBD!
• Temperature - Basking area is about 80° while midway is 72° bottom is about 68° high for today in middle was 73° and the lowest was 70°
Adult females should be at 85* as stated in your previous thread. How are you measuring this?
• Humidity - I have a electronic humidity gage that tells me current humidity and temperatures as well as high and lows from last 24hrs humidity is maintained by a solo monsoon system
What is the RH during the day and what is the RH at night? How are you measuring this?
• Plants - Used to have bromeliad but now I have schefflera arboricola

• Placement - in my bedroom which is a pretty low traffic area, not near window, near door but low traffic, bottom of cage is about 2.5 ft off ground top of cage is 5ft ish

• Location - Oregon

Additional notes: you still have some things to fix that you have yet to do since your last posting. Please see to it that they get done. I believe she is malnourished and possibly too much D3. What makes you think MBD?

Agreed MBD Is a serious risk here.. I want to add. That limiting her food intake while giving high quality feeders that are gutloaded along with keeping basking at about 82 will reduce clutch size which in turn will be easier on her.
Since I do not have a female I do not know exacts but I am tagging in someone who does. @Brodybreaux25

You will want to answer the additional questions @CamoChameleonsHuman put up as well so we have that info.

There was several things in my first thread that I have adjusted but I wasn’t able to go drop 300$ to buy stuff After i had just spent 300$ buying all the stuff that was actually wrong I’ve been trying to buy things spread out but immediately bought the calcium’s with and without the D3. I’m really trying and I appreciate the help..
I’m gutloading with mainly leafy greens I will try some alfalfa since I have bunnies too.
Also her basking temperature is 86 almost always but the little temp nob startles her she it’s pointing down and the temp below her basking branch is usually 80-83 so that’s why it’s listed like that, it’s measured by a little zilla thermometer and also the one mentioned in the humidity section
What is RH?
I have a very large cage she will be glinting in that she’ll being going in in about a month when I move
What is BSFL?
the monsoon is going off every 4hrs for 120 Seconds
I just ordered the multi item and will do some hunting for a deal on the light.
I think I addressed everything noted above again thanks for the help

There was several things in my first thread that I have adjusted but I wasn’t able to go drop 300$ to buy stuff After i had just spent 300$ buying all the stuff that was actually wrong I’ve been trying to buy things spread out but immediately bought the calcium’s with and without the D3. I’m really trying and I appreciate the help..
I’m gutloading with mainly leafy greens I will try some alfalfa since I have bunnies too.
Also her basking temperature is 86 almost always but the little temp nob startles her she it’s pointing down and the temp below her basking branch is usually 80-83 so that’s why it’s listed like that, it’s measured by a little zilla thermometer and also the one mentioned in the humidity section
What is RH?
I have a very large cage she will be glinting in that she’ll being going in in about a month when I move
What is BSFL?
the monsoon is going off every 4hrs for 120 Seconds
I just ordered the multi item and will do some hunting for a deal on the light.
I think I addressed everything noted above again thanks for the help
Totally understand. Just make sure you get that light Pronto puppies please! Really consider a commercial gutload like Bug Burger, Superload, or cricket crack. Also I'll ask again what makes you think MBD?
RH=Relative Humidity
BSFL=Black Soldier Fly Larvae

I forgot I have the big burger in my amazon cart as well
Just by reading and only thing I saw that matched a bit I’m just so new to this that everything and anything is so scary
Humidity stays about 50-54% at its lowest like nighttime and about jumps up to 70’s during misting
I’ll double check those numbers when I get home that’s just based off memory
I don’t think I’ve ever seen silk worms or those larvae anywhere around here

I forgot I have the big burger in my amazon cart as well
Just by reading and only thing I saw that matched a bit I’m just so new to this that everything and anything is so scary
Humidity stays about 50-54% at its lowest like nighttime and about jumps up to 70’s during misting
I’ll double check those numbers when I get home that’s just based off memory
I don’t think I’ve ever seen silk worms or those larvae anywhere around here
You can order them online. I'd recommend rainbowmealworms.net
I'm just curious because I'm not seeing any signs of it from the pics you posted. Please note that I'm not a vet and the best way to check for MBD is by xray.

Back
Top Bottom