MBD lighting help

khumes27

Hi everyone ,

So i have a veiled cam who i have noticed for 2 days with back leg problems, after reading on here i am guessing she has MBD. I feel awful tbh as i have been told my lighting is incorrect and she needs more UVB :(. I am wanting to get his sorted ASAP and with the legs problems i have her in a vet tomorrow to get her sorted.

I have put a photo off her and the lights please would someone let me know in which light i can get for her please as i have seen so many about.

BTW she is dirty as she just tried to lay her eggs so that is why she is so dirty lol

Attachments

• jade.jpg
    jade.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 57
Well based on the food, you are in the EU

SO what is your current lights, and supplement schedule?

Your solution could be as simple as more D3 powder.

But the default is to get an arcadia 6% T5HO and have it long enough that it stretches across the entire top of the cage.

What do you mean leg problem?

Don't let her see you watching her when she's digging holes to lay the eggs in.

Hi everyone ,

So i have a veiled cam who i have noticed for 2 days with back leg problems, after reading on here i am guessing she has MBD. I feel awful tbh as i have been told my lighting is incorrect and she needs more UVB :(. I am wanting to get his sorted ASAP and with the legs problems i have her in a vet tomorrow to get her sorted.

I have put a photo off her and the lights please would someone let me know in which light i can get for her please as i have seen so many about.

BTW she is dirty as she just tried to lay her eggs so that is why she is so dirty lol
Welcome to the forum.

It looks like you have a compact fluorescent UVB(?) That type is virtually worthless for a chameleon, as it has an extremely short range.

Most will recommend a linear T5 HO UVB, Arcadia 6% or Reptisun 5.0, running the entire length of the enclosure. Enclosure for an adult veiled chameleon should be 24" x 24" x 48" (60 x 60 x 120 cm).

I also see for the pic that it appears your cham has been sampling the umbrella tree. That's fine—it's a chameleon-safe plant.

I also see what looks like some artificial/plastic plants. This is not so good if your cham decides she wants to sample those; there's a risk of impaction.

If you'd like, some folks here can go over your husbandry in general.
Just copy/paste the questions from this link:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/
into a post here, and fill-in your answers. Please include pics of the enclosure from the lighting on down to the floor/drainage.

Back
Top Bottom