MBD developing in veiled chameleon?

I have a year old female veiled chameleon and recently she started kind of hanging on her branches with her front leg or front two legs. i’ve noticed her grip isn’t very tight when she’s on them recently as well. a couple of days ago she went to the bottom of her cage and has stayed there since. i thought she was eggbound so i tried to give her space so she could lay her eggs but she’s not going in her laying bin. she’s used it before in May of this year and had no problems, 63 eggs. first and only clutch. i’ve kept her husbandry the same since but i’ve read that i’ve been supplementing d3 too much. i’ve stopped immediately and am looking into what i can do other than taking her to a vet (which i’m looking into finding an experienced reptile vet near me as the one i usually take chams to is out). i’m not sure what to do until then, should i try to get her on her branches? put them lower? get a higher percentage of UVB light? i have 10.0 now. she’s still eating/drinking i’m just not sure what else i can change in her enclosure to help her. any advice is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 749B4819-69B8-4C78-80BF-B07D9F3E66A4.jpeg
    749B4819-69B8-4C78-80BF-B07D9F3E66A4.jpeg
    287.4 KB · Views: 79
Back
Top Bottom