Mbd? Chameleon fell and soft grip.

I think you need to get your basics in order... and I mean no disrespect... But the basics are the building blocks of good husbandry.

They need a multivitamin 2 times a month and a calcium with d3 two times a month. Pick a day of the week and rotate it every week. Then the calcium without D3 at every other feeding. By skipping the supplements or not doing it correctly you are harming the cham creating vitamin deficiency and D3 issues leading to MBD.

Your gutload is extremely lacking as well. We don't gutload to feed the insects we gutload to pass the nutrients on to the cham. Superworms are very addictive to chams which is why they should only make up 20% of their diet.

He should be on an every other day feeding schedule and getting the equivalent of 6-7 large feeders. This way he stays a healthy weight. And he should be fed in the morning.

Also you can overdo UVB> You need 1 t5HO fixture. If it is a single bulb fixture then you need a 5.0 or 6% bulb. The only way you jump up to a higher bulb strength is if you are doing a quad fixture that holds 4 bulbs.
With your uvb you want your basking level to be 7-8 inches below. And you have to be on top of replacing your bulbs. With Zoomed you want to replace every 8 months and arcadia every year.

Thank you for your honesty and advice. I will make changes for his health.
I am going to take him to the Vet as well.

Back
Top Bottom