MBD and/or egg bound?

What I keep saying is before purchasing research.....there are so much info with very little effort to keep a chameleon thriving even for a new keeper.......anyways....while these threads pop up one after another, I will stop saying what I just implemented....(y)

@IowaJim how’s it going?
Hey Brody, thanks for checking in. She’s slowly improving and building her strength back up. She is getting strong enough that she is climbing around her viv but she is still weak enough that she goes down at night and sleeps on the ground. I saw her climb over to drink off some leaves today and that was the first time I’ve seen her drink outside of me misting her directly. So, heading in the right direct slowly but surely.

All,
Thanks for the thoughts and advice so far. We just left the Vet and he was very knowledgeable, which was good. The bad is that she is super egg bound; the Vet was pretty negative about her prognosis. I feel like a bastard for letting her get in this condition. I thought we were doing a good job because she was happy and eating a lot until now.
So, we gave her an oxytocin shot to help with contractions and I am setting up a laying bin for her right now.
Brody, you asked about the UVB bulb. It is a coil style. Not a pigtail like a CFL; instead, it looks like two small bulbs that are in a U shape. Should I do a different style bulb or fixture?

Also, should I keep trying to force feed her once a day or just leave her alone in the bin with lots of heat and humidity?

Thanks all. Please send healthy, egg laying thoughts in our direction.
Where are you located at I'm trying to get into my vet I think my girl having same issues but she laid 41 eggs but she's retaining some I'm giving her liquid vitamins

Where are you located at I'm trying to get into my vet I think my girl having same issues but she laid 41 eggs but she's retaining some I'm giving her liquid vitamins
@Carmella95 .... IowaJim has not been on here since November 2020. You should start your own thread so we can help you. If you need help just ask!

Back
Top Bottom