Maybe she's gravid? Or am I just paranoid?

Hi guys! Yesterday and today I've noticed Georgia being more active in her cage and going down to the bottom into the potted plants, then going onto the screen and climbing back up. Unfortunately she is not tame at all and genuinely hates me, I swear (just hearing my voice makes her run away), so I don't weigh her because I really don't want to stress her that much. I've read the post by @Beman about gaining trust-right now we're at the stage where she sees my eyeballs looking at a leaf next to her and she hisses and lunges....she'll tolerate my presence one day :)

I've read the post by @jannb about the lay bin and I have a 12x12x12 bin and washed play sand on the way, and I will just have to remove one of her potted plants to be able to fit it in there. What else can I do? She's also in the middle of a shed right now, and I don't think she has gravid colors, but you guys are more experienced than I am. Will it hurt to leave a lay box in there for a while? Her belly does look a little plump. I will say though that I really love her little cham belly, especially because she was SO skinny when we started this journey! Any suggestions are helpful! If it helps, she had a giant poop today with a giant white urate with a touch of yellow at the end. Thank you!

P.S.-Sorry about the picture quality, I couldn't really get them to come out better!

Attachments

• IMG_1308.jpg
    IMG_1308.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1310.jpg
    IMG_1310.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Can’t say with those pics. And the lay bin should be a permanent part of her viv.
Oh ok! I didn't realize! The stuff should be coming tomorrow so I'll get it in there. I'll see if I can get some better pictures tonight, but regardless I will have the lay bin in there. So do I just monitor the moisture of the sand as part of my daily checklist for her? In the post, they mention leaving the test hole too and sometimes the chameleon would use it, should I leave that there at all times? She has a feeder cup and I don't free range her feeders, so I'm not worried about them going in there.

Agree! They have a short window in which to lay the eggs and if that window is missed, they become egg bound. Around 4 to 5 months old, you should provide her with a laying bin at all times.
Oh ok! I'll get that in for her within the next day or so once the supplies get here! I feel so bad that I didn't realize, now I'm all nervous :(

She isn’t showing much gravid color there but yes, definitely gravid.

Yes just monitor the moisture. Drill several tiny holes in the bottom of the bin so any excess water that gets in there from misting can drain. Do this and it will pretty much manage its own moisture levels. You can dig a small test hole if you want, but it’s not required. I don’t.

You also need to wrap the bottom half of her viv with a privacy curtain. If she feels exposed she will not lay.

Is she still eating?

She isn’t showing much gravid color there but yes, definitely gravid.

Yes just monitor the moisture. Drill several tiny holes in the bottom of the bin so any excess water that gets in there from misting can drain. Do this and it will pretty much manage its own moisture levels. You can dig a small test hole if you want, but it’s not required. I don’t.

You also need to wrap the bottom half of her viv with a privacy curtain. If she feels exposed she will not lay.

Is she still eating?
Gah! Ok! What do you use for a privacy curtain? She ate everything yesterday. I feed her every day and she has been voracious. I have been at work all day today though, so I’m not sure if she ate this morning. She had not gone for the roaches in her cup before I’d left.

Do I still feed during this time?! I don’t want to risk disturbing her and ruining the process, but I know she’ll be super weak after.

Could be anything, a towel...

Keep feeding her until she starts refusing it. When that happens that’s when the curtain should go up. Don’t sweat food but continue your lighting/misting schedule as usual.

It would be a good idea for you to post a pic of your viv once the bin is installed.

Could be anything, a towel...

Keep feeding her until she starts refusing it. When that happens that’s when the curtain should go up. Don’t sweat food but continue your lighting/misting schedule as usual.

It would be a good idea for you to post a pic of your viv once the bin is installed.
Awesome, thank you so much for all the help! Here it is with the bin, unfortunately though I had to take out her potted ficus and schefflera because there isn't enough room in there. I'm afraid she doesn't have enough foliage, but she has 2 snow white pothos on either side in magnetic planters. I'm working on getting a massive cage upgrade for her into a dragon strand, but this is what I have to work with right now! I also had to undo the vines from where they were in order to get the bin in there, so that is why they are hanging for right now. Feedback is appreciated :)

Lighting is a 24" T5HO double fixture with a 6% Arcadia bulb and a daylight bulb. The double dome holds a 60W incandescent bulb for basking. I have a Monsoon automatic mister that goes off 3x a day for 2 minutes at a time, and I also handmist her. She is mostly on dubias with some hornworms as treats a couple of times a week. Dubias are gutloaded with cricket crack and bug burger.

Attachments

• IMG_1316.jpg
    IMG_1316.jpg
    470.4 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
13x13x13 and the sand is probably 8. I bought 50lbs not expecting to use it all haha, and my boyfriend picked it up for me while I was at work. I panicked and bought everything to be picked up locally yesterday so she could have it earlier, but was unable to cancel my amazon order-so more sand is coming tomorrow.

Awesome, thank you so much for all the help! Here it is with the bin, unfortunately though I had to take out her potted ficus and schefflera because there isn't enough room in there. I'm afraid she doesn't have enough foliage, but she has 2 snow white pothos on either side in magnetic planters. I'm working on getting a massive cage upgrade for her into a dragon strand, but this is what I have to work with right now! I also had to undo the vines from where they were in order to get the bin in there, so that is why they are hanging for right now. Feedback is appreciated :)

Lighting is a 24" T5HO double fixture with a 6% Arcadia bulb and a daylight bulb. The double dome holds a 60W incandescent bulb for basking. I have a Monsoon automatic mister that goes off 3x a day for 2 minutes at a time, and I also handmist her. She is mostly on dubias with some hornworms as treats a couple of times a week. Dubias are gutloaded with cricket crack and bug burger.
That pothos is beautiful :love:

Thank you!! It recently started growing out really well too and I’m STOKED!
My pothos is just boring and green. I've been trying to find more varieties of strains to add to my collection but having a hard time. That white one is just gorgeous. I've split the same pothos in to like 4 new plants now. My apartment is being overrun with pothos :ROFLMAO:
Do you have a grow light in your fixture?

My pothos is just boring and green. I've been trying to find more varieties of strains to add to my collection but having a hard time. That white one is just gorgeous. I've split the same pothos in to like 4 new plants now. My apartment is being overrun with pothos :ROFLMAO:
Do you have a grow light in your fixture?
Bahahahahahaha! All the pothos!! I found this one at Armstrong Garden Centers, maybe try checking in some nurseries? I do not, but that is on the list for her new upgrade She came to me in a super crazy way in January-I didn’t know the situation but I was about to start pulling up euthanasia drugs at work (that I had no idea were for her...) and my friends were trying to convince the doctor of something (I wasn’t super paying attention). When I walked over to say hi to her because she was in horrible condition but still had grip strength and was walking, my friends asked if I’d want her because the doctor was willing to give her 1 day for someone to step up and rescue her. I feel so bad that I had to do everything backwards for her, so I’m just learning about things like that and extra things I can do. And she made a full recovery :) Everyone here has neen amazing!!

Back
Top Bottom