• Votes: 7 5.5%

• Votes: 8 6.3%

• Votes: 2 1.6%

• Votes: 17 13.3%

• Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ugh.. I give up on this photo contest..
i have tons of people tell me to submit the photo i submitted.
it was perfectly in focus and very unique.
but still doesnt make the cut.

Just keep trying it took me quite a few trys to get into it. :)

Send Brad a pm. This is what he posted after voting started. At least he will tell you why - there are so many entries every month and it would be impossible for him to message everyone with a reason why their photo didn't make through to voting.

We received over 60 entries this month and the competition was very strong. The difficult part about the photo contest is that the number of final slots available for voting is limited. If your photo did not advance to the voting round you're welcome to send me a pm and inquire about how it might have ranked higher.

Can anyone tell me why this was taken off? The file size was bigger than minimum, and I entered either the 13th/14th, it's a .jpg.

Please and thankyou :D

This is just my opinion so take it for what you will. (some want to know what's wrong because they want to get better and some just want to argue) The composition is very good, however, the focus is a little soft when viewed at full size, you have an arm and an electrical outlet in the background which doesn't help the over all photo.

This is just my opinion so take it for what you will. (some want to know what's wrong because they want to get better and some just want to argue) The composition is very good, however, the focus is a little soft when viewed at full size, you have an arm and an electrical outlet in the background which doesn't help the over all photo.

I would have to agree--

next time, try having the same photo on a branch and stabilize your camera (with a tripod, table, chair, etc)-- the macro setting, used when close-up like this, is very unforgiving when it comes to any movement.

All of these are absolutely beautiful, colorful, cute, or any combination. I love just looking at them all. Thanks everyone!

The Results

The Results​

1st place: Trace
Species: Trioceros cristatus
Common: Crested Chameleon
Sex: male

2nd place: Miss Lily
Species: Trioceros jacksonii
Common: Jackson's Chameleon
Sex: male

3rd place: Ferdy Timmerman
Species: Kinyongia matschiei
Common: Matschie’s Two-horned Chameleon
Sex: female

If you are not familiar with how the contest works, please review the [THREAD=102]contest rules[/THREAD].

open member vote
The top ranked photos from the open member voting received the following points:
photo 17 => 5 pts (Trace)
photo 12 => 3 pts (Miss Lily)
photo 02 => 1 pts (Ferdy Timmerman)

judge rankings
There were no judges for the May 2012 contest.

There were many great photos this month and I'd like to thank everyone for participating. There is always room for improvement, so if anyone has a suggestion please create a new thread in the photo contest or feedback forums. If you prefer to remain anonymous you can send me an email or private message.

Medals have been awarded.
Congratulations to the winners :) :D

Back
Top Bottom