• Votes: 12 4.9%

• Votes: 1 0.4%

• Votes: 8 3.3%

• Votes: 10 4.1%

• Votes: 6 2.5%

• Votes: 9 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just want to give a tip to people who enter in the contest... Focusing on the eyes is critical. I used to work as a photographer at a Photography studio and the only part of the person we ever would focus on was the reflection of the 'focus light' in the eye of the subject. I do the same with my own chameleon photographs. You can bring the body of the chameleon into focus with aperture (not software.... lens aperture). Sometimes the desired look is to only bring the face and/or eyes into focus... this would be done with a wide open aperture (f/1.8 to maybe f/3.5). If you have a lens that will open to f/1, you can get some super awesome photos. The depth of field will be razor thin.... But a Canon 50mm f/1 will only run you a cool $2500+ dollars..... :rolleyes:

I will stick to my 100mm f/2.8 :cool:

The Results

The Results​

1st place: pachecoss
Species: Furcifer pardalis
Common: Panther Chameleon
Sex: female

2nd place: jannb
Species: Chamaeleo calyptratus
Common: Veiled Chameleon
Sex: female

3rd place: Whammo72
Species: Chamaeleo jacksonii
Common: Jackson's Chameleon
Sex: male

3rd place: abed
Species: Chamaeleo jacksonii
Common: Jackson's Chameleon
Sex: male

If you are not familiar with how the contest works, please review the [THREAD=102]contest rules[/THREAD].

open member vote
The top ranked photos from the open member voting received the following points:
photo 01 => 5 pts (pachecoss)
photo 05 => 3 pts (jannb)
photo 03 => 1 pts (Whammo72)
photo 04 => 1 pts (abed)

judge rankings
There were no judges this month.

point totals
photo 01 - pachecoss: 5 pts
photo 05 - jannb: 3 pts
photo 03 - Whammo72: 1 pts
photo 04 - abed: 1 pts

We had some great entries this month. There is always room for improvement, so if anyone has a suggestion please create a new thread in the photo contest or feedback forums. If you prefer to remain anonymous you can send me an email or private message.

Medals have been awarded.
Congratulations to the winners :) :D

:):):):)hello! Thank you very much and congratulations to everything for having a few so beautiful animals, an embrace from spain

Very cool. I am good with third place. It definitely could have used more interest in the composition.

I will raise the bar for myself for june! :D

Congrats to the Winners!

:)

Congrats to the winner! I love the picture of your big eye baby! A big thank you to all that voted for the photo of my precious Elly.

Back
Top Bottom