Administrator
Staff member
Chameleon Photo Contest
:D May 2007
:D
view entries

Win A Gift Certificate To: ... you choose :cool:

1st place: $50 gift certificate :eek:
The winner of this contest may choose a gift certificate to one of the companies listed above. This should give the winner a nice choice of where to use their gift certificate. The certificate can not be split up and used at multiple places. If they prefer, overseas winners may choose a $40 Amazon gift certificate.

How to enter the contest:
contest entry deadline: May 15, 2006
  • To submit your photo, click here.
  • Fill out the form and click submit.
  • You are welcome to change your submitted image anytime before the submission deadline.

Rules:
Please view the contest rules before submitting a photo. Click here to access the contest rules. The contest rules have recently been updated.

dates
entry deadline: May 15
voting: May 16 - May 31
contest results will be announced on June 2 2007

Note:
Please review the contest rules. The photo entry period will be extended if a minimum of 10 valid entries have not been received.

The Chameleon Forums reserves the right to modify these rules at any time. Please check this thread often if you are participating in the contest. Feel free to reply to this thread with questions if you have them.

Last edited:
Tomorrow (Tuesday) is the last day to enter the contest and for sponsors to add incentives. Voting will begin Wednesday evening.

The entry phase for the May '07 contest has ended. Voting will begin this evening.

Last edited:
Why does the picture by jvillereptile direct me to my picture? And it is one that I didn't submit. Did anyone else have this problem?

Why does the picture by jvillereptile direct me to my picture? And it is one that I didn't submit. Did anyone else have this problem?
Thanks for pointing that out. I had used the wrong image-id when setting up the link.

Today is the last day to vote in the May '07 photo contest. Polls will close at 11:59 PM CST. Results will be announced no later than June 2nd.

Contest Results

The Results​

1st place: Jamie
Species: Furcifer Pardalis
Common: Panther Chameleon
Sex: male

2nd place: EXO
Species: C. Trioceros quadricornis quadricornis
Common: Four-horned Chameleon
Sex: male

3rd place: Tyler Stewart, jvillereptile, Will Hayward

If you are not familiar with how the contest works, please review the [THREAD=102]contest rules[/THREAD].

open member vote
The top ranked photos from the open member voting received the following points:
photo 10 => 5 pts (Jamie)
photo 6 => 3 pts (EXO)
photo 2 => 1 pt (jvillereptile)
photo 5 => 1 pt (Will Hayward)

judge rankings
We had three judges this month: Chamgirl, Heika, and Jordan.
The judges, in no specific order, gave the following rankings:

judge1:
photo 7 => 3 pts (Tyler Stewart)
photo 6 => 2 pts (EXO)
photo 10 => 1 pts (Jamie)

judge2:
photo 10 => 3 pts (Jamie)
photo 9 => 2 pts (Cherron)
photo 5 => 1 pts (Will Hayward)

judge3:
photo 2 => 3pts (jvillereptile)
photo 5 => 2pts (Will Hayward)
photo 7 => 1pts (Tyler Stewart)

point totals
photo 10 - Jamie: 9 pts
photo 6 - EXO: 5 pts
photo 2 - jvillereptile: 4 pts
photo 5 - Will Hayward: 4 pts
photo 7 - Tyler Stewart: 4 pts
photo 9 - Cherron: 2 pts

The current rules could not break the 3rd place tie, so all three member will receive a bronze medal. Thanks to everyone who participated. If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve the contest, please create a new thread in the photo contest forum.

congratulations to the winners :) :D
medals have been awarded

Last edited:
I was one of the judges this month and I just want to say I am not surprised there was a tie for third place as I found this contest VERY difficult to judge. There were several photos that I would have been happy to see win. As I told Brad, I had to view the slide show loads of times to come to a decision and I kept changing my mind! Well done all!:D

Back
Top Bottom