Chameleon Photo Contest
:D May 2006
:D
view entries

Special rules for the May '06 contest:
Only veiled chameleons will be accepted

Win A Gift Certificate To: ... you choose :cool:

1st place: $50 gift certificate :eek:
The winner of this contest may choose a gift certificate to one of the companies listed above. This should give the winner a nice choice of where to use their gift certificate. The certificate can not be split up and used at multiple places. If they prefer, overseas winners may choose a $40 Amazon gift certificate.

Among the companies listed above are chameleon breeders, a silkworm feeder source, and a reptile supply store. lllreptile sells the tempgun. A special note about Coastal Silkworms: a gift certificate to this company can also be used at Chameleon Paradise.

How to enter the contest:
contest entry deadline: May 17, 2006
  • To submit your photo, click here.
  • Fill out the form and click submit.
  • You are welcome to change your submitted image anytime before the submission deadline.

Rules:
Please view the contest rules before submitting a photo. Click here to access the contest rules. The contest rules have recently been updated.

dates
entry deadline: May 17
voting: May 18 - May 31
voting by judges: May 31
contest results will be announced on June 1 2006

Note:
Please review the contest rules. The photo entry period will be extended if a minimum of 10 valid entries have not been received.

The Chameleon Forums reserves the right to modify these rules at any time. Please check this thread often if you are participating in the contest. Feel free to reply to this thread with questions if you have them.

Wednesday is the last day for contest entries.
Your veiled cham wants to be on the home page; don't let her down :)

Brad said:
Wednesday is the last day for contest entries.
Your veiled cham wants to be on the home page; don't let her down :)
So are you saying that the photo should be taken so that it can be used as a logo...? As in, would a photo that could not be made into a logo be voted for less than one that could by the judges?

I was just having fun and referring to the photo of the winner on the home page, not the logo. Judges do not consider 'logo worthiness' when ranking photos. However, the qualities that make a good logo can be similar to what judges are looking for.

When I eventually get to completing a custom voting script, I will include this. Until then, I recommend voting on your own photo because other people will be as well.

Last edited:
Its wrong to want to win $40?!

Besides Eric, if you don't vote for your photo, no one will... Just kidding Eric, good luck with that massive chameleon/photo of yours!

(How is the website coming along? Ive lost the link for it.)

I've been too busy to really do anything, except add new pics of my little girl: on an Easter egg hunt, picking strawberries, etc.

I know it's not wrong, I just feel kind of strange voting for myself.

Today is the last day of voting. The contest will be closed at midnight, and the results will be announced as soon as possible.

The Results

The Results​

1st place: FL Chams
Species: Chamaeleo Chamaeleo calyptratus
Common: Veiled Chameleon
Sex: ?
Name: ?

2nd place: Eric Adrignola
Sex: Male
Name: Trevor

3rd place: mr_jamaica69
Sex: Male
Name: Oscar

If you are not familiar with how the contest works, please review the [THREAD=102]contest rules[/THREAD].

open member vote
The top ranked photos from the open member voting received the following points:
photo 13 => 5 pts (FL Chams)
photo 10 => 3 pts (Eric Adrignola)
photo 08 => 1 pts (mr_jamaica69)

judge rankings
We had three judges this month: Chamcham505, Heika, and myself. The judges, in no specific order, gave the following rankings:
judge1:
photo 10 => 3 pts (Eric Adrignola)
photo 08 => 2 pts (mr_jamaica69)
photo 11 => 1 pts (lele)

judge2:
photo 13 => 3pts (FL Chams)
photo 11 => 2pts (lele)
photo 08 => 1pts (mr_jamaica69)

judge3:
photo 10 => 3pts (Eric Adrignola)
photo 13 => 2pts (FL Chams)
photo 01 => 1pts (Will Hayward)