Matt’s Ambilobe eggs 3 hatched together!

todd2010

Established Member
17F67177-66A5-415E-94B6-E4828D179D2A.jpeg FDDCE2A6-4A05-4728-8B1D-7E530C81C3AE.jpeg 703F680C-97C2-460B-A4CE-188061C467E6.jpeg D6AC8DCE-A3E2-43E1-B409-C6317F8092DA.jpeg 672667B0-4039-4301-B195-0127143EC055.jpeg FB17745A-D6C1-45DD-B2A8-FB4F1B562C28.jpeg 1C217C92-A00B-4FD6-9DC4-C59FBC86A03A.jpeg 5F664FC6-4238-45C1-80D2-909E081C23AA.jpeg EEFD2C79-E180-4221-A772-A63B275DD7BC.jpeg

I got the pinhead crickets and just threw together some sticks and a pothos so far for an enclosure. I have a reptibreeze ready that I can build, but I was surprised by their hatch this morning.
Great...they probably will start eating in a day or two...I will highly suggest the fruit fly for their first meal...since pin head can grow faster than their appetite..n might be too big for them quickly

It was an emotional roller coaster. I checked on them and it seemed the eggs were buried so I uncovered them to find 3 empty eggs. Confused, I look around the vermiculite and find what appears to be 3 dead curled up babies. I was very sad and gathered them up in my hand and was telling the kids when one straightened it's tail. I was so excited that I had each one of my kids slowly stroke the other two and low and behold they came to life as well! We were beyond jubilant and hurried to get them setup in a make shift enclosure and get a little spritz of water for them and I already had pinheads ready just in case. I haven't seen one eat yet, but they did watch them with interest so I think they are on the right track and appear strong.

It was an emotional roller coaster. I checked on them and it seemed the eggs were buried so I uncovered them to find 3 empty eggs. Confused, I look around the vermiculite and find what appears to be 3 dead curled up babies. I was very sad and gathered them up in my hand and was telling the kids when one straightened it's tail. I was so excited that I had each one of my kids slowly stroke the other two and low and behold they came to life as well! We were beyond jubilant and hurried to get them setup in a make shift enclosure and get a little spritz of water for them and I already had pinheads ready just in case. I haven't seen one eat yet, but they did watch them with interest so I think they are on the right track and appear strong.
Awasome..plz be prepared for ur non stop parenting duty...
How is the enclosure come along...do u mind to share some pics with us??
Any misting plan in progress??

Okay, now I need a tissue too, lol. That's such a killer story, and be able to share that with your kids is awesome!

Try put them in a small enclosure so they can find their food much easier..
These are some of my old pics when I put the babies in
20160527_091511.jpg
20160503_145039-1.jpg

Awasome..plz be prepared for ur non stop parenting duty...
How is the enclosure come along...do u mind to share some pics with us??
Any misting plan in progress??
I have a mistking setup for my big boy that I will piggyback onto the "kids" setup and I'll set it up similar to mine that I have for Flash. I'll eventually build 3 separate enclosures for them with separate misters. I may just go to dragonstrand and order it up.

Try put them in a small enclosure so they can find their food much easier..
These are some of my old pics when I put the babies inView attachment 232439View attachment 232440
I'll swing by Walmart to shrink the enclosure for now. I have them in way to large a bin for easy food finding right now. How often do I feed? Similar light requirements? OMG that picture is cute!!

I have a mistking setup for my big boy that I will piggyback onto the "kids" setup and I'll set it up similar to mine that I have for Flash. I'll eventually build 3 separate enclosures for them with separate misters. I may just go to dragonstrand and order it up.
Sounds like a good plan...it will be more than an advanture when You doing all the chore...misting bug caring feeding n cleaning is all in the daily routine

I'll swing by Walmart to shrink the enclosure for now. I have them in way to large a bin for easy food finding right now. How often do I feed? Similar light requirements? OMG that picture is cute!!
Just get a container n right size of sticks or fake plant ....start from ur light turn on in the morning...mist the fake plant for them to drink..then bask in about hour later...put ur feeders in as many as they can consume for the whole day...u have 3 babies so around 20 to 25 is good...and make sure clean all the feeders out at the end of the night before they go to sleep ...put the extra uneaten feeder back in to their own tank n prepare to gutload them for the next day..thats how I did mine.

Back
Top Bottom