Masoala Panther

Apparently people confuse the Masoala and the Nosy Boraha, St. Marie panther chameleons often right? From what I've noticed, St. Marie doesn't have red stripes like the Masoala, instead they're purplish, with turquoise along the spine. (I have a 3 year old male). I'm trying to learn more about him, and there aren't too many forums on Nosy Boraha, where/who/if people breed them. They seem quite rare.

BC39129A-7AC3-4B24-B220-59EFFEA7E53C.jpeg

Beautiful! Mine looks quite similar, except not as dark on the belly, and the purple is lighter. Has he gone straight white on you yet? It's incredible.

Beautiful! Mine looks quite similar, except not as dark on the belly, and the purple is lighter. Has he gone straight white on you yet? It's incredible.

I know this is an old post but hoping for an answer. Is it normal for Masoalas to be quite dark.? Mine has fired up to pure white before but since I've had him, he's mainly been pretty dark. Not stressed or ill dark though, he's lightened up a lot since I first got him (almost two weeks a go). Just wanted to make sure it's normal for them to be a dull grey. I'll add a photo of him. This is his resting colour. I assumed they're darker because they need to absorb more light and heat? Probably not an easy thing to do if you were pure white all of the time?

Attachments

• IMG_20180821_200403_576.jpg
    IMG_20180821_200403_576.jpg
    382.3 KB · Views: 132
I know this is an old post but hoping for an answer. Is it normal for Masoalas to be quite dark.? Mine has fired up to pure white before but since I've had him, he's mainly been pretty dark. Not stressed or ill dark though, he's lightened up a lot since I first got him (almost two weeks a go). Just wanted to make sure it's normal for them to be a dull grey. I'll add a photo of him. This is his resting colour. I assumed they're darker because they need to absorb more light and heat? Probably not an easy thing to do if you were pure white all of the time?

9115F78A-07D4-4175-A517-3C33A72B36C9.jpeg
9AF0473F-AB4E-4BFE-9652-941BE957B3D6.jpeg
45E558F9-3C9D-4A88-B380-56FE7202CA9C.jpeg
Yes mine has changed a lot since I got him.
He’s normally a blueish green , and his stripes have changed a lot too . They used to be a dark green and now they are a nice red.

He goes pretty white when he’s basking and his stripes really brighten up

At night he gets white as well

His normal colours are like the last pic
Except he’s a little cranky I’m taking his pic
He’s usually very friendly though

Middle pic is when I first got him at about 6 and a half months old

He’s now 1 year 4 months old
Last pic was taken today

Attachments

• 67510939-7980-4B11-8A48-B9564736B182.jpeg
    67510939-7980-4B11-8A48-B9564736B182.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 119
View attachment 212624 View attachment 212623 View attachment 212620 Yes mine has changed a lot since I got him.
He’s normally a blueish green , and his stripes have changed a lot too . They used to be a dark green and now they are a nice red.

He goes pretty white when he’s basking and his stripes really brighten up

At night he gets white as well

His normal colours are like the last pic
Except he’s a little cranky I’m taking his pic
He’s usually very friendly though

Middle pic is when I first got him at about 6 and a half months old

He’s now 1 year 4 months old
Last pic was taken today

OH WOW!!! What a handsome fellow!! Thank you so much for the reply I've been verging on worried but now I've seen this I'm not worried anymore. Mine goes really light when he's sleeping it's totally adorable. Not many people have Masoala's so I've not really had anyone to ask until I saw this post. I really appreciate your response.

OH WOW!!! What a handsome fellow!! Thank you so much for the reply I've been verging on worried but now I've seen this I'm not worried anymore. Mine goes really light when he's sleeping it's totally adorable. Not many people have Masoala's so I've not really had anyone to ask until I saw this post. I really appreciate your response.

Your very welcome

Back
Top Bottom