Marvin eating out of my hand quicker and quicker

Barson

So I’ve been hand feeding him wax worms for about 5 days now I’d say. And the first day he didn’t eat it, the second day he ate it at the 35 minutes mark, the third he ate it in 20 minutes, the fourth he ate it in 10 and today he ate it in 1 minute and thirty seconds. So my question is should I start trying to get him to go up my arm to get it or should I stick to the schedule for another week or so?

So I’ve been hand feeding him wax worms for about 5 days now I’d say. And the first day he didn’t eat it, the second day he ate it at the 35 minutes mark, the third he ate it in 20 minutes, the fourth he ate it in 10 and today he ate it in 1 minute and thirty seconds. So my question is should I start trying to get him to go up my arm to get it or should I stick to the schedule for another week or so?
That is excellent! Stay with this schedule for another week or two at least. Watch how he does. The first step before trying to get them up your arm is just getting them to come use your hand to get to the feeder. This way he knows your hand is safe. Keep it there and do not try to remove him it will break the trust. Remember only feed 1 wax worm a day and only use this for the trust building. They are high in fat.

How long have you had your cham? I cant get mine to hand feed ( granite ive had her for only 3 weeks) but shell eat in front of me, well. when i pretend im not looking. what is your secret?

How long have you had your cham? I cant get mine to hand feed ( granite ive had her for only 3 weeks) but shell eat in front of me, well. when i pretend im not looking. what is your secret?
I'm pretty sure it was this episode of Chameleon Breeder than really helped me figure out how to understand and que in to Mona -- https://www.chameleonbreeder.com/podcast/ep-85-taming-your-chameleon/

When I was working to get her to hand feed, I would approach her like she was some goddess. Head down, no eye contact, move really slow, let her see the feeder in my hand before I opened the door. I'd even duck down a little bit so she was a good bit above me. I'd wait, while not looking at her, or looking at the feeder. It's also good to know what their high value feeder is. For Mona -- it's a butterworm. Big fat ones -- they move well and are a bright color. They're fatty food though, so I gotta admit she got a smidge chub while we got the hang of it.

It'll happen!

Back
Top Bottom