marley fired up

marleysdad

im curious to know my chams breed info for example red bar, tamatave, ambilobe , nosy b blue bar.......etc........ can anyone help me identify him and possibly help me find him a girlfriend

Attachments

• photo copy.JPG
    photo copy.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 171
thank u very good to know now where can i find him a girlfriend and how do i go about choosing the right mate

Our male and female Tamatave are WC(wild caught) imports but keep checking the classified section on the forums because every now and then you will see some for sale. You could also post in the wanted ads in the classifieds section that you are looking for a female Tamatave and hopefully you will get some replies. If you don't mind me asking where did you get Marley from? I'm asking this because if he is WC then you don't have to worry about him being related but if he was Captive bred and born you will have to make sure the female you get is not related to him.

o ok good to know i believe he is captive bred i got him from a breeder at a local reptile expo . Does he have to be paired with a tamatave or can he be paired with any female panther ?

If its at all possible for you to get in contact with the breeder you could ask him and find out 100% if he was captive bred and they might even be able to help you out with finding a female for him. Its worth a try. You can breed him with any female panther to create a hybrid cross and thats a very debatable subject among chameleon enthusiasts, but in the end the choice is yours. In my opinion I would try really hard first to find a female tamatave for him because he is such a nice looking cham it would be nice to see what his offspring would look like when paired with a female tamatave, but again that choice is yours. Do you know how old he is? If not another question worth asking the breeder.

marleys beard has been puffed up way more often than usual

he's seemed a lil stressed beards been puffed up and he's been hissing recently way diff from his chill mode which he's usually in this started a few days ago I've adjusted the temp his food and his water to see if any were the reason he's calmed down a lil bit but still puffs up more than usual i also have a hairless cat that stalks him could they have met face to face lately with the screen on his cage being their only barrier???? just want him to be chill again

o ok good to know i believe he is captive bred i got him from a breeder at a local reptile expo . Does he have to be paired with a tamatave or can he be paired with any female panther ?

I'm trying to understand why you want to 'pair' him. Chameleons are solitary creatures and males and females cannot be kept together. From what I know, and that is still very little, chameleon breeding is not for new keepers. It is an expensive, long and often heartbreaking endeavor and best left until someone has extensive experience. I read a great deal on this forum. I have 2 male panthers and wouldn't dream of getting into breeding them until I had much more experience.

he's seemed a lil stressed beards been puffed up and he's been hissing recently way diff from his chill mode which he's usually in this started a few days ago I've adjusted the temp his food and his water to see if any were the reason he's calmed down a lil bit but still puffs up more than usual i also have a hairless cat that stalks him could they have met face to face lately with the screen on his cage being their only barrier???? just want him to be chill again

For sure the cat could have stressed him out. (those hairless cats freak ME out ) He is in an enclosed place with no way out. How high off the ground is his enclosure? If he is up high enough he really shouldn't get an opportunity to be face to face with the cat. Mine stay in the top 1/3 of their enclosures so they are a good 5 ft off the ground. Unless the cat is on the enclosure and I would really, really discourage that they should never really be able to get that close. Try to make sure he has some good hiding places so the cat can't see him and he feels concealed. Some bushy, full plants, a Sheffelera is good for this.

hes not paired with a female and hasn't been since I've had him I've offered him a few different feeders and thats calmed him down i also live in ny could it be the sudden cold front we've gotten his in house temps seem to be normal

Sorry if I misunderstood, it looked like you were asking where you could find a female for him. I was trying to understand why. Just explaining that they are not kept together, but only put together to breed.

I'm trying to understand why you want to 'pair' him. Chameleons are solitary creatures and males and females cannot be kept together. From what I know, and that is still very little, chameleon breeding is not for new keepers. It is an expensive, long and often heartbreaking endeavor and best left until someone has extensive experience. I read a great deal on this forum. I have 2 male panthers and wouldn't dream of getting into breeding them until I had much more experience.

Took the words out of this noobs mouth. :rolleyes: I was concerned that if the OP couldn't ID the cham, what made him think they could successfully breed it? I assume they knew most chams shouldn't be kept in pairs unless mating, which is really a shame because I would love to get another one (or two) myself.

Back
Top Bottom