Marks/Discolouration on head

Poppy Seeley

Hi,

I have a Male panther chameleon and these marks have appeared on his head? Does anyone know the cause and should I be worried about it?

Thanks

Attachments

• CA9A5B3F-8EC2-49E5-81F2-5FC6D2032752.jpeg
    CA9A5B3F-8EC2-49E5-81F2-5FC6D2032752.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 74
I'm not sure what you are referring to, but he may look a little dehydrated.

I think they're referring to the little bluish brownish patch on the casque, correct me if I'm wrong but is that not just normal coloration, to the op did it just turn this color of has it always been this color??? I agree with @timw1 that he may be a bit dehydrated

I do see the bluish spot, it does look a little off. I also see some dried scales there as well. If it were me, I would keep an eye on the area and increase the misting. Op, what is your misting schedule?

• Your Chameleon - Panther Chameleon, Male. About 2 years old and had it a year and a half.
  • Handling - hardly ever, only time is when he asks to come out and I put it straight onto a small free range set up (few plants on the windowsill)
  • Feeding - He gets fed medium locusts and standard sized black crickets. And he gets 6 a day (3 crickets, 3 locusts).
  • Supplements - Miner all Indoor (5 times a month) earth pro - A( 3 times a month), verm X (3 times a month) and calcium pro MG (6 times a month)
  • Watering - He has a mistking spray four times a day for one minute. He also has a waterful and plant dripper. Yes I see him drinking.
  • Fecal Description - White end bit and then brown for the rest of it. Don’t see any orange in the white bit. Tested him when I first got him but not since.

• Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Wooden, with mesh top and vents all along the back. It’s 4ft by 2ftx
  • Lighting - Exo Terra - Repti-Glow UBV T8 15W. Heat lamp Exo Terra 100watt bulb. 8am to 8pm. Heat lamp external.
  • Temperature - Basking spot - 30. Around 15 at night and by two temperature probes and a microclimate stat for heat lamp.
  • Humidity - Around 54%
  • Plants - Yes - fiscus
  • Placement - Not Near any fans, air vents or high traffic areas. Around 7ft off my room floor.
  • Location - Gloucester

Current Problem - The Mark on his head that has got slightly bigger but not clearing up or going away.

I think they're referring to the little bluish brownish patch on the casque, correct me if I'm wrong but is that not just normal coloration, to the op did it just turn this color of has it always been this color??? I agree with @timw1 that he may be a bit dehydrated
No it used to be all green before. See picture of his head before.

Attachments

• F7583842-3211-4D35-ABF9-D3F598072CF1.jpeg
    F7583842-3211-4D35-ABF9-D3F598072CF1.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 55
I do see the bluish spot, it does look a little off. I also see some dried scales there as well. If it were me, I would keep an eye on the area and increase the misting. Op, what is your misting schedule?
He is already misted three times a day for one minute each so should I increase this?

Your cham is dehydrated, he needs more water, or will die, keep humidity up at night, and get a misting system, take him to a vet!! His head needs medical attention, looks like a burn but not sure, if it becomes septic he will die

I live in canada, so it gets dry here, but I mist my guy for 15mins total every 24 hours, 10mins spread out through the day, and 5 mins spread out through the night. (mistking)

I live in canada, so it gets dry here, but I mist my guy for 15mins total every 24 hours, 10mins spread out through the day, and 5 mins spread out through the night. (mistking)
I live in the UK so it’s quite cold. I have his most go off every 2 hours from 10am. This is due to waiting till it’s pretty much dry before the next one but I don’t know if this is correct

I live in the UK so it’s quite cold. I have his most go off every 2 hours from 10am. This is due to waiting till it’s pretty much dry before the next one but I don’t know if this is correct

Each misting session needs to be no less than two minutes, with one session lasting at least 5 minutes. 1 minute is a recipe for guaranteed dehydration and a sick chameleon.

Back
Top Bottom