Margot passed away:'(

meaghan

My little fishers chameleon Margot passed away this morning. She was a gift and my friend had bought her from a pet store so she may have had a parasite. This is incredibly sad she was about 11 months old, I think she may have been gravid. I feel terrible because I did my best and I really did not know that much about chameleons. I hope that I can learn from this and then possibly in the future after much more research get another one.

Wow-there seems to be a run on Fischers tonight. As stated several times-not a beginner species. Sorry for your loss.

Sorry Love. We feel for you. Good you want to continue on learning and caregiving. Take care and keep us posted!

Chameleons really are a challenge, thats no lie. I am sorry to hear about your loss. This is a great website to learn from and it will help you a great deal if you ever decide to take on another chameleon.

Sorry for your loss! its really hard losing a cham no matter what, they are magnificent creatures. Hang in there and keep learning.

My little fishers chameleon Margot passed away this morning. She was a gift and my friend had bought her from a pet store so she may have had a parasite. This is incredibly sad she was about 11 months old, I think she may have been gravid. I feel terrible because I did my best and I really did not know that much about chameleons. I hope that I can learn from this and then possibly in the future after much more research get another one.

I can legally bring veiled into Canada. If you want to meet in Medicine Hat, I will bring you a baby or two and give them to you. They are lots easier to keep. I really good first chameleon. Mine will be ready the end of Sept. Let me know if you want a couple of them.:)

How can you legally bring them into Canada?

Veiled don't require a CITIES to go from here to Canada, I just have to fill out paperwork at the border and pay the taxes to bring them in. The funny part is once I take them into canada the US will NOT let me bring them back, go figure.

I am not allowed to being panther into Canada. I don't know what the difference is but I can take beardies and veileds but no other chams.

Another funny, I can drive them in but I can't mail them into Canada. Canada has their own set or rules. Almost as strange as ours.

This part of having an animal is always so painful.
But after reading a lot of stuff about chameleons in this forum you'll be able to find some healthy one and enjoy the chameleon for a longer time!

Fischer's seem to be tough ones to keep

Sorry for your loss, I am going through a struggle to keep my sick fischeri kicking. I got him at a reptile show 3 weeks ago and did not know that he was WC (wild caught) until today. They are such docile chameleons and surely are not for beginners. I would accept the offer of a veiled cham, they are much more aggressive eaters and easier to maintain. Still any cham is a challenge. Good luck and sorry again:(

Oat

Thanks For All the Support!

Wow I am overwhelmed by all of the support I have received from everyone here! After reading several other posts I don't feel so ridiculous for being so upset about her death. They really are amazing creatures and are so beautiful. I will definately do some more research on Veiled Chameleons as well as panther chameleons.
Again thanks so much for all of the support, it is nice to know that I am not crazy for caring about my chameleon so much.

Back
Top Bottom