Mantid food

Ramrod

Chameleon Enthusiast
What would be a good staple for a mantis?
I have recently become the owner of a few of the Chinese

I feed mine crickets, depending on the size of the mantid depends on the size of cricket. I raise crickets also so I usually have a pretty good variety of crickets to feed. I sometimes put 1 or 2 mantids loose in my cricket bins and just let them eat what they want. I also spry them twice a day with water enough so there is drops of water on the sides for them to drink from. I’m not sure if this is the right way but it has seemed to work for me pretty good.

I feed mine crickets, depending on the size of the mantid depends on the size of cricket. I raise crickets also so I usually have a pretty good variety of crickets to feed. I sometimes put 1 or 2 mantids loose in my cricket bins and just let them eat what they want. I also spry them twice a day with water enough so there is drops of water on the sides for them to drink from. I’m not sure if this is the right way but it has seemed to work for me pretty good.
Thanks for the info as I have never had these before. I don't feed crickets to my chams and not real anxious to deal with them again.
Thinking they would probably go for bsf or smaller silkworms? Nice if they would take roaches as I have plenty of those. Dubia,orange heads,and red runners. Also superworms and mealworms. Thanks for the misting info as well.

Back
Top Bottom